Hyperlinking to existing documents/files

Oct 04, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to link to video files that are too large to be dropped into the presentation or attached to the presentation or placed in the published presentation's folder. I need the file size to be small in order for it to be sent over my company's network through our LMS. Is there any wat to work around this?

Thanks,

Barbie

7 Replies
Barbie Shaw

Hi Peter,

Thanks for  your help. I have attempted to use the method described in the first link that you provided but since I am just adding the video to the zipped file at the end it is essentially equivalent to just inserting the video at the beginning for my purposes. My end goal is to keep the final zipped file size as small as possible, leading to my need to link to the  video vs. having it in the presentation or in the final file of th presentation.

Best,

Barbie

Peter Anderson

Hi,

If you are able to host the video on a server other than your LMS, then you can use the video as a Web Object. That will help you avoid packaging a large video file. I would try checking with your IT department to see if you can have your desired video embedded on an HTML page with its own URL, which you can then have your presentation point to. Is that helpful?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.