Enlarging selected text within a bulleted list

Dec 12, 2011

Hello,  Is there an easy way to select various words and have them enlarge as the audio gets to that bulleted item.  (I inherited a presentation with lots of words and bullets per page.  Have modified where I have permissions to do so).  The goal is to add a "wow" factor to specific words amongst the text.  THANK YOU!

9 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Deb! Funny you mention this, as I had been collecting a few ideas along those lines recently. I don't think there's really any easy way to enlarge just a specific word or phrase from within a text box, but here's a published example of 7 emphasis techniques you could try. None of them really involve manipulating or disrupting the existing textbox (which is nice if you have a lot of textboxes to work wtih) ... they all involve adding an animated object behind or alongside the text you want to emphasize. Would any of these ideas fit what you have in mind? If so, you can get the source file here.

Another idea, which is probably too whiz-bang to use on very many slides, is this technique. It's cool in small doses but I think it would get pretty annoying to the learner if used too much.

Russell Still

I use a little starburst with reasonably good affect. I pick PP's four-sided star clipart.

Then I give it a white background and red outline (or some other combination, maybe yellow background with orange outline.

Two animations make it "sparkle" (and I use that term pretty loosely).

Zoom it with a timing of .3 seconds.

Then, "After Previous", fade it with a timing of .2 seconds.

It bursts out and fades away in half a second. Works good on the corners of words or phrases you want to draw attention to. I can give you links to examples if you want to see it.

Russell Still

Jeanette Brooks said:

Hi Russ - would love to see your examples of the starburst effect if you're able to share.

Sure. Goto www.Fly1000.com and click the homepage link that says "Watch Free Sample". The last slide (number 9) uses it where the website URL is displayed as text. It's also used in slide #4.

I actually use this in a lot of my presentations.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.