Feedback in Quizmaker

Dec 22, 2011

Is there a way to have the feedback show up under the multiple choice selections rather than as a pop-up? Is this typically done with branching?

I have several scenarios that the user will answer multiple question regarding each scenario and I want it to appear as though they are viewing only one slide with the multiple response scrolling on the screen.

I have an example of what I would like to accomplish and could possible share that if someone could contact me.

Thanks in advance.

Carmen

13 Replies
Kevin Dowd

Carmen,

I too like to have the same display you speak of.  I don't do it in quizmaker - I do it with branching and hyperlinking in presenter.  It's actually quite an easy process - the only problem comes if you have to make an edit to the question after you create all of your slides - because then you have to make the change on each of 5 or so slides, instead of the one time edit you would have to do in quizmaker.

Hope this helps,

Heidi

Ron Price

Hello Carmen,

This can also be done in QuizMaker using its branching features.  You can create Blank Slides in Quizmaker that contain your feedback content. Then on your question, use the "more" feature under feedback to access "branching".  You will want to delete any content in the default feedback box so that the your blank slide will take it's place.

Hope that helps.

Carmen Bloom

Heidi Winkel said:

Carmen,

I too like to have the same display you speak of.  I don't do it in quizmaker - I do it with branching and hyperlinking in presenter.  It's actually quite an easy process - the only problem comes if you have to make an edit to the question after you create all of your slides - because then you have to make the change on each of 5 or so slides, instead of the one time edit you would have to do in quizmaker.

Hope this helps,

Heidi

Heidi,

Will what you describe result in this type of look?

Kevin Dowd

Carmen,

I'm glad you brought this up again!  Since my last post I discovered a great (and obvious - was kicking myself) work around to the editing problem!  If you use a slide master for the question itself, and the only thing on the slides themselves are the answers and the answer markers, then it becomes much more simple.

Could you rephrase the question you're trying to ask?  I'm sorry there seems to be a typo, and I don't follow you.

I've attached an example, using a course that I'm currently working on.  Hopefully that'll help!

Carmen Bloom

Heidi Winkel said:

Carmen,

I'm glad you brought this up again!  Since my last post I discovered a great (and obvious - was kicking myself) work around to the editing problem!  If you use a slide master for the question itself, and the only thing on the slides themselves are the answers and the answer markers, then it becomes much more simple.

Could you rephrase the question you're trying to ask?  I'm sorry there seems to be a typo, and I don't follow you.

I've attached an example, using a course that I'm currently working on.  Hopefully that'll help!

Heidi,

I am unable to open the slide feedback example.

Carmen Bloom

Heidi Winkel said:

Have you been able to open other presentations on this site?  There's a trick.  When you first click on it and have the choice to open or save, save it as a pptx and then open it.  You should then be good to go.

Heidi,

I think that our system may be blocking the download. Would you be able to email this to me at carmen.bloom@panhandlebank.com?

Thank you,

Carmen

Kevin Dowd

Hi Yuna,

You can easily use quizmaker to show the feedback right away.  Carmen and I were using the work around so that we could avoid the pop-ups.  If you're willing to use the pop-ups, quizmaker will work perfectly for you!

In the player template, in the navigation section, under answer submission, you'd want to select to "submit one question at a time."

Within the question, in the display box you can choose if you want your feedback by question or by answer.  The number of attempts  you set effects how soon the user will receive the feedback. 

In the player template in the question list section you can select if you want to display the point value, display the actual points awarded, and/or display correct/incorrect icons.

Does that help, or did I misunderstand your question?

Heidi

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.