SWF file in Presenter - last few seconds of audio being cut off

Jan 06, 2012

I've created a SWF file using Captivate 5.0. The file plays fine in preview within Captivate and also on it's own out side of Captivate as a SWF file in IE.

I have it inserted into Presenter as a web object. When I publish the Presenter file, the SWF file plays fine until the end when it cuts off the last few seconds of my audio. This only happens inside Presenter.

Anyone experience this issue and have a solution?

Thanks.

7 Replies
Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Erin!

Is your original video set to 30 FPS? If you'd like to Create an Articulate Presenter Package and upload the zip file to us, one of our support engineers would be happy to help you find a solution. You can do that here:

http://upload.articulate.com/

Please include the url to this thread as well as any pertinent information that will help our support staff. And please feel free to leave your case number here so that I can follow it personally. Thanks!

Erin Bradley

Hi Peter,

I worked with David, Justin and Vira to try to get this working. They were all able to get the movies to play correctly. I realized that the one difference between what they were publishing and my original movies was that the original movies did not have a captivate playbar. The customer service published versions appeared to be using the captivate defaults. I'm not sure why when the customer support people published on their end the files ended up with the captivate movie defaults, since the original files did not use the defaults. That is probably why they were never able to recreate the problem.

When I noticed the difference, I decided to try adding the captivate playbar to the movies, and sure enough, they worked properly. So rather than continue, I just decided to add the playbar to the movies and call it fixed. Still not sure why the movies would cut off without the playbar, but I needed to get the class published so it is what it is

One thing that would have been helpful is if someone could have called me, so that we could talk through what was going on. Perhaps we would have discovered that what they were publishing was not the same as what I was publishing. Sometimes it is easier to fully communicate the problem one is having verbaly, rather than via email.

steve dixon

I am also experiencing this problem. Unfortunately I do not have the option of going back into Captivate to add the playbar as I do not have those source files, my task was simply to put the training into the Articulate wrapper.

In any case, this bug doesn't seem to have been acknowledged or addressed. The source swf files have all the audio intact, why would Articulate clip it?

Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Steve!

Have you had a chance to see our article and video on inserting Captivate as a Web Object?:

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/8418/52316.aspx#52316

If that doesn't give you the results you're hoping for, our support engineers will be happy to work with you and help find a solution. If you decide to submit a case, please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.