Whats wrong with this slide?

Feb 13, 2012

Hi,

I have created a master slide that looks something like this: http://postimage.org/image/ghz2pjflv/

The corresponding slide in my presentation for this master slide is this: http://postimage.org/image/i5tmqg451/

For some unknown reason, this particular slide takes a long time to publish (3 minutes). It does not contain any audio/animation files and the logo image is just 3kb.

My title slide which is exactly the same but does not contain text (other than the header) publishes in seconds.

Is there any other way I can optimize my content slide?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sid.

10 Replies
Adrian Gates

Hi Sid,

Your picture didn't post, so I'm making some general observations...

Does any of the text have the aligment set to justify? In justify aligment, every letter is treated as a seperate object to process in Flash, so render times get to be extreme. Change this to Center, Left or Right aligment to solve the issue, and Articulate will again treat text as a single object.

If you still have problems, try applying a .1 character spacing to the font by selecting it, right clicking and going to the Font option. This forces Articulate to treat the text like a picture and again, should force better results.

If you post the picture, maybe there is more to try...

Sid Gordon

Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. I am not sure why you are unable to see the files. Maybe its a problem with the picture hosting website. Anyways, I have attached the images again using the forum attachment feature.

The text is left aligned. I am aware of the justified issue so I always keep the text left aligned. The default values for the text spacing are, Before: 3.6pt, After: 0pt, Line Spacing: Multiple, At: 0.95. In which of these options do I enter the value 0.1?

Peter Anderson

Hey Sid! 

Any luck yet? If you'd like, you can send us your files and our support team can take a closer look and work with you to figure something out. If you'd like to do that, please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. And feel free to come back and leave your case number here so I can keep a close eye on it. Thanks!

David Anderson

Hey Sid -

I ran into a similar issue with a user last month. She had a slide that looked a lot like yours so maybe the solution will help you.

Can you tell us if your on-slide text is in a single or multiple text boxes?

If it's in a single text box, try breaking the text out into multiple text boxes for each paragraph. Here's a quick overview of what I think's going on and how to resolve the longer publishing times:

Sid Gordon

Hi David, thanks for the suggestion. I tried it in and it seems to work... Hurray!!

And.......today I upgraded to Office 2010 for 2007. Surprisingly, the problem disappeared. So now we have two solutions for the same problem :)

In fact a lot of issues seemed to have resolved after I moved to 2010. Articulate 09 loves Office 2010.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.