Trigger on Previous button

May 09, 2012

Hello ...

I'm working with the Trial version of Storyline at the moment (and thoroughly enjoying the experience, I might add!).

My query is as follows:

I have a quiz with two custom-made screens for correct and incorrect feedback. Once the feedback (either correct or incorrect) appears and I select Next, I am taken to the next screen in the sequence (Screen 4, for argument's sake).

Currently, if I select the Previous button on Screen 4, I am taken back to whichever feedback screen I visited, and then a second Previous takes me on back to my quiz.

I want the Previous button on Screen 4 to take me straight back to my quiz - but when I set up a trigger, the Previous button does not appear as an object in the trigger wizard.

Am I missing a trick, or is this a feature currently?

By the way, the Prev and Next buttons do appear on my Screen 4.

Rgds,

Martin

7 Replies
Phil Mayor

Hi Martin

There is no way to add a trigger on the previous button.  This was feautre requested many times so is hopefully on the way.

The only work around is to remove the player buttons and use custon next/previous buttons on your slides

The previous and next buttons are on the player so dont appear on the screen

Brian Batt

If you'd like to see support for a Previous button that can be triggered, submit a feature request to us by using the link below:

http://www.articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php?form=feature

In the meantime, the Previous button acts just like the Back button in your browser.  It'll always go back to the previous slide the end-user viewed.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.