pulse to advance?

May 11, 2012

Hi all,

I download the trial of SL and it is great so far. I love the control I get over the objects and I can do a lot more than what I used to in powerpoint

I have a license for presenter 09 and I loved the pulse to advance color change on the next button when the timeline reaches the end of the slide. I can't seem to find that at all in SL.

Can anyone guide me please or has this feature dropped? It is very useful as learner can know that it is time to click next.

Thanks

Ayman

4 Replies
Eric Nalian

Hi Mohd,

There is not a 'Pulse' feature built into Storyline, you can add a glow effect to an object and have this turn on when a timeline ends.

1. Create a button
  2. Create a custom state for the button (glow)
  3. Create a trigger that says 'change state of button to Glow when timeline ends' or you can use media completes..

Currently working from my iPad, when I get back to my computer I can create a demo for you if needed.

-eric

eLearning Development

Here's another thought.

How about using a marker?  You can have the pulse or swirl effect on it.  You could have it appear when the you are ready on the timeline.  You can have it set so no text box comes up with it by choosing "audio only" in the marker settings and it takes triggers like other objects.

Tim

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.