eLearning - Dominance Through Marginal Gains

Aug 16, 2012

Hi, 

Made this post originally at http://wp.me/p13NYZ-3j , however, thought we could try and collect a list here too.

Basically:

What one thing, tiny thing, could you do next time and forever, to make your courses better?

Tiny gains, constantly, make huge changes over time.

It does not need to be linked directly to course building.

For example:

I always try to Invoice within 1 hour of the project being formally handed over and signed off. I am now known for my "efficiency".

Let's all try and post just one thing, one idea, that will help out our fellows get better and better - a list that people can dip in and out of to try and add to their skill base over time.

What one thing (or more!), would you encourage people to do or try?

Bruce

4 Replies
David Lindenberg

Hi Bruce,

Great blog post!  Here are a few ideas I came up with:

1. Use Slide Masters as much as possible when creating elearning.

2. Use a new technique, interaction, trigger, state change, variable, etc. for each new project.  Don't add it just for the sake of adding it for something shiny and sparkly (ala clicky clicky bling bling), but add it as an enhancement.  Trying something new in each project will increase your skill-set.

I'll add more as I think of them.  Thanks for starting this thread.

David

P.S. Congrats on your recent "Super Hero" status - a deserved recognition of your involvement in this community!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.