Page 1 of 2 (52 items)

A second batch of FREE whimsical stick figures

Randy Borum

85 posts

Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM  

Everyone was so kind in their comments about the first collection, I put together another one.  I am creating these for myself anyway, so I thought I'd share them in case anyone was interested.  They are all transparent png files.  I have also drawn some "object" sketches in the same style (things as diverse as an island, paintbrush, pencil, light bulb, speech boxes, etc).  If they would be useful to anyone, I can try to post them as well.

RBStix-2.zip

All Replies

Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM  

Wow, this is great!  And so generous of you to share, thank you!  Not sure yet what project I can use them on, but looking forward to finding theright opportunity.

I would definitely be intersted in the object sketches you've done, too...

Steven Memel

2 posts

Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM  

Stick figures! Who'd have ever thought I'd get excited about stick figures??? Go figure!

Thanks Randy

Bret Deardorff

58 posts

Posted Monday, August 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM  

Randy,

Thanks for sharing these with everyone. Can I ask what program you used to create these....I am a veterinarian and I would love to attempt to draw some dog and cat figures and the style you have created would work perfect for an idea that I have....

Thanks for your help!

Bret

Randy Borum

85 posts

Posted Monday, August 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM  

@Heidi - My pleasure. I'm glad you find them useful. 

@Bret - I kept it simple.  I used 53's "Paper" for iPad. Drew them with my stylus then emailed them to myself through the Paper interface. You can insert the picture in PowerPoint; get rid of the off-white background by setting the color to transparent; then crop it to trim the edges.  I have virtually no artistic talent whatsoever, but Paper makes my rough sketches tolerable.

Posted Tuesday, January 08, 2013 at 7:40 AM  

I love the stick figures and use them when I need a friendly, non-didactic character to jump into a slide or scene and make a point for me.

Greg Williams

33 posts

Posted Tuesday, January 08, 2013 at 9:51 AM  

Thanks Randy.  Sorry to be slow, but what program can we use to open the files?

Greg

Randy Borum

85 posts

Posted Tuesday, January 08, 2013 at 10:14 AM  

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

There are two batches of the stick figures in case anyone is interested.  I have some additional ones, but I didn't know whether anyone would find them to be of any use.  

Greg - the files are just PNG files, so they should work in any image viewer.  The collection, I believe. is in a standard "zip" file, so you just need a program (many are free) to unzip it and the files should appear in the opened folder.  

7_Zip is free.  Works fine.  You can find it here:  http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

Posted Tuesday, January 08, 2013 at 10:20 AM  

These are fabulous!  We've used a whiteboard template for a training course and are getting ready to do a chalkboard one.  I cannot wait to try these out!  Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 (52 items)