Articulate for business learning applications

Apr 26, 2011

Hi, folks. This is one of the questions asked in advance of the European Conference in Leeds - I am hoping that, by posting it here, we may get some more ideas for the participants to ponder over on the day. Also, apologies if these questions have already been answered elsewhere - the fault is entirely mine for not looking properly. Now the question and many thanks in advance to you all for your suggestions:

Could anyone point me to examples of Articulate presentations which have been used for business learning applications?

2 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

What type of business applications?  Of course, you can easily insert screencast videos from services like Screenr. Camtasia, and Captivate.  If you wanted to do something different here are a few ideas:

• Insert screen captures into PowerPoint and use hyperlinks to simulate the application.  Essentially the same as Captivate (but not as sophisticated).  The upside is that it's easy to modify and that you get better control of the image quality.
  • Engage labeled graphic is a common interaction for this type of training.
  • Engage guided image is as well.
  • I've built a simple Quizmaker demo where I used the text entry forms over an inserted image to simulate entering text in an application.
Dragos Ciobanu

I'm afraid I don't know exactly the type of business app, Tom... Hoping the participant who asked the question will log on and expand on this.

I particularly like the last use of Quizmaker you mentioned! Super cunning! And if I combine that with some of the rumors about Storyline (specifically about possibly being able to capture user input into variables and then feed it back to the user at a later stage), the reasons for using Captivate diminish by the minute...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.