Creating podcasts from Articulate

Apr 26, 2011

Hi, folks. This is one of the questions asked in advance of the European Conference in Leeds - I am hoping that, by posting it here, we may get some more ideas for the participants to ponder over on the day. Also, apologies if these questions have already been answered elsewhere - the fault is entirely mine for not looking properly. Now the question and many thanks in advance to you all for your suggestions:

How do you create podcasts from Articulate?

1 Reply
Dragos Ciobanu

I personally think the term 'podcast' in Articulate speak is a big misleading. As far as I'm aware, you can publish an Articulate presentation as a podcast, which basically glues together all the audio files of your individual slides. However, to me that is only an audio file, and you still have to find a mechanism of turning that into a proper podcast (either write your own RSS feed or find an external tool that will generate it for you).

Moreover,I have doubts whether it's the good idea to make available online the audio of the entire Articulate presentation. The presentations I see most often are a bit long, and I'm not sure someone would be excited to listen to (and able to learn much from) a one-hour audio file without any visual support and interactive tasks...

However, I really like the fact that I can export the audio for every single slide as a separate file from within the audio editor, as well as from within Engage for Quizmaker. I sometimes get a bit paranoid, so it's good to see that I can save my narration in case something goes wrong and my Articulate presentation gets corrupted. Furthermore, I can also make available the audio for a particularly interesting slide as a taster for the whole presentation (I would say this may be a more effective use of podcasting to attract interested users).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.