How do I enter several questions on a multiple choice quiz?

Feb 01, 2013

Hello,

I'm experimenting with multiple choice quizzes but do not see the option of adding more than one question per slide. Let's say I want to have 5 questions like the following on a single slide:

1. How...money do you have?     a) many        b) much       c) any         d) some

2. ...girls over there are English. a) Those     b) These      c) This       d) That

3. What word does not belong? a) nephew   b) summer  c) spring   d) fall

4. The opposite or 'rich' is...        a) clean        b) poor         c) short      d) slow

5. My mother's sister is my...       a) nephew   b) cousin     c) aunt       d) niece

How could I do that?

Thanks.

12 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Manuel,

When I saw your question it reminded me of a question David had answered what feels like a gazillion years ago. I thought I remembered creating on based on his, so I searched through my stories to find it. I keep notes (in the Notes tab!) so I was able to dig up

the thread: Multiple tests on one slide

But also, I had some time this afternoon, so I thought I'd try to recreate this with your questions...except for the sake of time I only created 3 of the 5 questions.

If you download the story, you'll see two quiz slides and two results slide. The first pair (1.1 and 1.2) is where I got carried away and set things up similar to how David had so that only 1 question is revealed at a time. But, unlike David, you and I have more than 2 questions, so it was a little more complicated. I had fun with it , but I thought perhaps you might not want to go through all the trouble.

So, the second pair is a much simplified version. The questions all display at once and there's no need to get involved with triggers and states.

If you want more details about how I did this, just say the word.

Alan Landers

Thank you, Rebecca.  I really like your example and the way Dave did it as well.  I hope you don't mind if I ask another question...

Is there an "If ___ then ___" interaction?  For example: I have 4 hotspots on a slide - they reveal layers.  I'd like a new layer to appear after all of the 4 hotspot layers have been viewed.  Is there a way to do that?

Christina Schwiebert

I am trying to do something similar to this, but is there any way that the two questions could be scored and receive feedback separately?

I have two questions on a slide - a yes/no, and then a multiple choice. Ideally, I would like to be able to provide feedback by their choice on the second question. The correct answer for the first question provides a hint for the second, so I didn't want to have two slides.

I've attached my multiple-question slide if it helps clarify what I'm trying to do. I know it's probably beyond the quiz feature's capabilities, but it can't hurt to ask the experts.

Thanks!

Jure Tompa

Hi Rebecca,

thank you very much for posting your solution for adding multiple test questions to one slide. Your storyline has helped me a lot, but I still cannot figure out how did you achieve it? Specifically, I am interested in slide 1.3 -  it looks like you did not use  any triggers or states for that one.

Could you describe or do a screen recording of the process? How did you seperate the sections (rows), so you can only select one choice per question?

Thank you for your help!

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Jure,

Welcome to the community

It's my pleasure to contribute to this forum. Tx for posting your question, since others may have the same question. Let me try to answer it here, and if it's not clear, please post back and I'll try to find some time to create a video tutorial.

You asked, "How did you seperate the sections (rows), so you can only select one choice per question?" After inserting the buttons for the rows, I set things up so that each row of buttons was part of a button set.

You can see the buttons for the third row in this screen shot. Here's how I made them part of Button set 3.

1. Select these 4 buttons.
  2. Right-click in the selected area.
  3. Highlight Button set (in yellow in the screen shot)
  4. Click "new set"
  5. Name your new set and you're good to go.

Also, here's a link to a great blog post by staff member Mike Taylor with more Button Set information.

Again, please shout out with any questions.