PeopleStreme LMS integration with Storyline-Any known problems?

Anne Pead

71 posts

Posted Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 8:56 PM  

Hi there

Are there any known problems with loading Articulate Storyline with the LMS PeopleStreme? I am working with the customer to get back to this vendor and try get as much information as possible about the error but they are putting it back on me, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'll add more info on the problem as I get it.

Thanks

This post has 0 verified answers

All Replies

Posted Friday, March 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM  

Hi Anne,

I personally don't have experience with that LMS, but if you can share some additional details about what's happening, maybe we can help you out. What's the error, exactly?

Anne Pead

71 posts

Posted Friday, March 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM  

Hi Christine

It has been loaded onto the LMS, but when they click to open/run the course it just shows a blank screen... I know this isn't much to go with!

I have offered to republish the course in SCORM 1.2 to see if that makes any difference. What are other options in tweaking LMS and content interaction?

Thanks for your help!!

Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM  

Good morning Anne. I hope you had a great weekend

Hmm. That does sound strange. It may be a number of things. First, you may want to take a look at the articles here and here may help clear up common LMS issues.

If you have no luck resolving the issue with the info above, would you mind testing your course in SCORM Cloud to help us determine if the issue is Articulate related or if it's on your LMS's side? If it appears in SCORM Cloud as well, we'd be happy to take a closer look at what might be going on. If you can't replicate the issue in SCORM Cloud, it's probably an issue that you'd want to take to your LMS team. 

Thanks Anne!

Christine

Anne Pead

71 posts

Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM  

Hi Christine

Thank you SO much for the help! I have tried it in the SCORM Cloud and it works so I have gone back to the company with the option to change the SCORM version if needed (they can't seem to decide which version they're supposed to be using!) and with the option of changing the setting to not launch in a new browser window. Hopefully this will sort them out, otherwise I'll speak to the LMS people (who haven't been very helpful and have basically just said it's not their problem - which is why I was keen to offer some more helpful suggestions!).

Thanks again for such a prompt response with such useful information!

Regards

Anne

Posted Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 6:31 AM  

Good morning Anne!

That's great! I'm very happy to hear that there's been some progress. I certainly hope it all works out.

Thanks for the update, Anne. Have a great day!

Christine 

Posted Saturday, June 01, 2013 at 9:27 PM  

just wanting to clarify Anne's original question regarding PeopleStreme LMS and Storyline and if she was referring to the upload of Storyline published content into the PeopleStreme LMS. We are about to move to peoplestreme from Moodle and the course structure is quite different in that all course components need to be SCORM as you know within Moodle it can also house content.

Could you please advise if you have been uploading content from the storyline publish to LMS as zip files? or are you using another method.

Please advise.

thank you

Posted Monday, June 03, 2013 at 7:25 AM  

Hi Susan,

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the LMS. I just wanted to suggest posting a topic over in the Building Better Courses section, just in case Anne doesn't see your question. Perhaps you can get some feedback from other community members, if you post over there as well.

Thanks and welcome to the community, Susan!

Anne Pead

71 posts

Posted Wednesday, June 05, 2013 at 5:07 PM  

HI Susan

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, I was publishing SCORM content to LMS and using the .zip files to upload.  The problem has been resolved now though I never got very clear answers as to what the actual problem was.  The company that I did the work for contacted PeopleStream support and were able to get the files uploaded as the problem seemed to be from the LMS not from Storyline.

I hope that answers your question.

Anne