123 Replies
Jerson  Campos

Thanks everyone. I'll be posting up some info on how to do this soon. I worked on this about a few hours spread across a couple weeks trying to figure this out so things are a little fuzzy. Once I make sure I have everything correct I'll post it up. As a note, Articulate wanted me to post that since is something that they didn't provide, we are on our own as far as support.

@Steve - I tried the same thing with the photos and it didn't work. I couldn't even crack open the file. The images themselves are pretty straightforward but the database that has to be built is a little confusing at first (and tedious).

Steve Flowers

Yeah, the config file is a little crazy. If I had a bit more time I'd experiment to see how many columns you can get away with. I'd imagine you could build your own photo characters using the same method just dropping the acp into the other folder and using PNG's with alpha.

Giving me some ideas for a ton of things. More than just characters. This could work for any type of reusable visual asset.

Bruce Graham

Jerson campos said:

Thanks everyone. I'll be posting up some info on how to do this soon. I worked on this about a few hours spread across a couple weeks trying to figure this out so things are a little fuzzy. Once I make sure I have everything correct I'll post it up. As a note, Articulate wanted me to post that since is something that they didn't provide, we are on our own as far as support.

This is a fabulous way of extending/personalising SL to work in a way that benefits "us". I wonder how long it will be before this becomes part of standard functionality?

If I was a SL Dev I would be all over this.....

Bruce

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.