LMS issue - "Error - unable to acquire LMS API"

Sasha Scott

64 posts

Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

Hi

 

I am getting an error when I run index_lms.html locally on my machine (also my client is getting it on their LMS):

 

  • Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support.

This doesn't happen when I run player.html from the same folder. What could it be? I found an article saying this is due to creating a "launcher.html" file, but I have created no such file (the box is unchecked in publish options)... The only two files in there are index_lms.html and player.html.

 

Many thanks

Sasha



This post has 2 verified answers

Verified Answers

Sasha Scott

64 posts

Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Verified Answer

Is it just because I'm trying to run it locally? Obviously it can't communicate with the LMS if it isn't on an LMS...


All Replies

Sasha Scott

64 posts

Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Verified Answer

Is it just because I'm trying to run it locally? Obviously it can't communicate with the LMS if it isn't on an LMS...


Sasha Scott

64 posts

Posted Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 1:09 AM  

Hi Justin - OK thought so

 

However it is not working on my client's LMS (so it's behaving exactly as if it were not connected to the LMS). Any ideas why this might be? There are also reports that it only does this on 64-bit OS... The LMS is something called Oracle.

 

I suspect (strongly) that it's not the Articulate settings but any advice very much appreciated.

 

Many thanks

Sasha


Sasha Scott

64 posts

Posted Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 5:19 AM  

Thanks - I think we may have solved it - 64-bit vs 32-bit Java version issue.


Kate Saynor

15 posts

Posted Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Hi Sasha,

Can you advise how you managed to solve this? We have a client experiencing the exact same issue but only when using Google Chrome. With IE it's OK. Our LMS seems fine and we have tested using Google Chrome and it works fine for us so not sure it's the browser either. Would love to hear what you did.

Regards,

Kate


Sasha Scott

64 posts

Posted Friday, August 12, 2011 at 1:14 AM  

Hi Kate, I was the instructional designer on the project so I was just looking around for solutions and I'm not sure if it's even resolved, but I believe it was the Internet Explorer (IE9, 64-bit) and the Beta version of the Flash plugin that was causing the issue. Sorry I can't advise more fully...

 

Regards

Sasha


Kate Saynor

15 posts

Posted Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

Many thanks Sasha, I'll forward this info to our IT department to pursue.

 

Regards,

Kate