Free Storyline file: pre-built, user-defined timer

Jun 13, 2013

If you have ever wonder how to create your own self Timer for user to set their own time during a quiz or a course. Then you may find this very useful. DEMO LINK

A self Time that can be use in Quizzes and it enhanced the out of the box Timer of Articulate storyline by enabling the user to set their own 

Please shear your thought and how this can be further enhanced. Enjoy!!!

16 Replies
Julie B.

Hello Thomas..

One question..I dont really understand the point of the timer?

Do you mean the participant enter his own time to answer a quizz?

I wish i could use the exact timer you did beautifully design so the participant would see how long he/she took to answer a quiz,

then it would sum the time of the 4 different quizzes he/she completes.

This is to create a contest where the winner will be the one with "100% correct answers + the quickest answering time"...

I have read all the thread and can't find a solution ....

I know how to use the storyline elapsed time on the top bar of my result slide..but can't figure out how to

-design a better one

-and cumulate the time results of the 4 quizzes...

Any help welcome...

Merci

Thanks

Gracias

Charita Bush

Hi Thomas,

This is such a cool timer!  Thanks for sharing.  I was wondering if you knew a simple way to track how long a user takes to complete an essay question?  I need to assign an essay question to several people and record how long it took each to answer.  Any ideas on how to approach this?

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Charita and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Glad you found the example provided by Thomas helpful. This thread is a bit dated and I'm not sure he's still subscribed though. You are certainly welcome to reach out to the user directly via the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile if you do not hear back soon.

In the meantime, you may want to take a look at another solution posted by a community member here.