Matching Drag and Drop Ugliness

Jul 08, 2011

Hi,

I really want to use the matching drag and drop question format in quizmaker.  However, it looks very plain.

Is there anyway to jazz it up?  I.E. I'd like to be able to color the boxes, maybe make them a little smaller, move them around into a fun design, etc.  Or, you know, at least have all the text be the same size even if some are more characters than others.

I saw Jeannette's screenr on jazzing up a sequencing question (https://player.vimeo.com/video/148896951) and I could make it work, but the matching drag and drop fits my needs much better.  There is entirely too much text for the sequencing to work right.

Thanks in advance,

Heidi

11 Replies
Chris Fletcher

I tried putting images over the majority of one side of them once, it makes it so that you're linking phrases to images. You need to make sure that there's enough of it showing from the side though for it to work.

There's very little you can do with them to be honest.

Ith regards to the text, in design mode, if you highlight them, you can choose the text size. You can only make them the same size as the largest amount of text will allow though...

To be honest, I've developed a flash drag and drop template that I tend to use instead these days as it allows me to modify it however I like. That does require a flash editor to create it though...

Chris

Chris Fletcher

This is an example of one of the swfs I created. Not my finest, but the only one I could really make available out of my library. It gives you feedback as you go along rather than telling you how you've done at the end.

I've also used a similar style but with statements where you sort statements into tables.

I use flash a lot in my articulate projects as I think it helps to embed knowledge.

Chris

Sammy Hwang

Hello Chris,

I really like your flying window feedback.

That is an awesome idea.

Here is the link to Flash tutorial in general, Action Script 3.0 in particular  for how to use drag and drop.

http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Flash_drag_and_drop_tutorial

They provide a source code and files as well. That is a good thing.

But the thing is the files are made in Action Script 3.0 and it is not supported by Articulate.

Articulate only supports Action Script 2.0.

But the logic is pretty similar, I assume.

Sophie Ricci

Thanks for the plans to quizmaker 13. In fact my upmost concern was about storyline updates (although I now noticed this is the quizmaker forum...).

May I ask if storyline template for "matching drag and drop" will also be improved (or, as I understood, we should still use freeform and our own triggers to personalize it) ?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.