Quizmaker 09, test results are not updating when using IE 11

Dec 02, 2013

Hi,

We have numerous QuizMaker tests on our LMS. We are discovering several issues with the new release of IE 11.

The QuizMaker test results are not updating correctly in the LMS. Have you tested IE 11 with QuizMaker? We need a fix very soon.

Thanks

21 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Clint and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Sorry for the trouble. Articulate Studio '09 content may not track properly when viewed in Internet Explorer 11.

This is a known issue that we're investigating it now, and we'll post additional information here as it becomes available.

In the meantime, if you're using Articulate Online, you can add Articulate Online to the Compatibility View Settings in Internet Explorer to avoid this behavior. Here's how:

1. Go to the Tools menu, and click Compatibility View Settings. (If the Tools menu isn't visible, press the Alt key on your keyboard to reveal it.)
  2. Type articulate-online.com in the Add this website field, and click Add.
  3. Click Close to save the change.

If Compatibility View Settings need to be updated for a large audience, network administrators can control them through Group Policy.

An additional alternative would be to try using a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It appears that some users may not even be aware that their browser has been updated to the new version and it may be an easier option than recommending they modify their current setup of Internet Explorer. 

To ensure you receive the latest updates and news, add us on the following networks:

Word of Mouth Blog

Twitter

Facebook

We'll share updates with the community as soon as we have more information on the situation, or when we have details on a solution. I'll also monitor this thread and try to follow up with you.

Thanks!

Larry Hieb

Steve Radford said:

Is there any progress on this? Over 50% of our users use Internet Explorer and many access courses from within 'locked' environments where they are unable to install any other browser. Does this problem also exist within Quizmaker '13?

Yes, Yes, Yes, finally someone else that see's this a more than just accepting the answer of "well, just use Google Chrome, or Firefox" as an answer to a major bug.  Asking users/students etc., to jump through the hoops than Christine in the above post has suggested as a workaround just doesn't get it.  Yes, Internet Explorer still holds about 55 % of the browser market and this deserves a permanent fix not just a workaround. 

I would also like to hear from Articulate on their progress of a fix or is there even really a fix being worked on at all? This is no small deal and I'm a bit frustrated that Articulate is apparently just blowing off the QM 09 customers with a workaround because they just want you to upgrade to QM 13 probably.  Hope this isn't the case - would really like the facts on this - is Articulate working on a permanent fix on this on not???

Christine Hendrickson

Hello Larry,

First - I apologize for the frustration. I am aware that this is a big issue, yes - I'm also aware that many users prefer or are required to use Internet Explorer. 

My suggestion to use a different web browser was only provided in hopes that it would help in the meantime, until we have more information and a solution available for those that are running into this issue. No, I do not expect this to be a permanent fix for the issue - not at all :) I just believe that it may save those that need to get their learners up and running on their courses a little downtime and frustration.

We will update the forum threads related to this issue, as well as share social updates, when we have more information regarding a fix or any other solutions that may help.

Thanks!

Kathy Rush

Using IE11, the finish button on Quizmaker '09 that is set to redirects to an url is not active.  Adding our website to the compatibility view settings does correct this issue.  My students do not have the rights on school computers or computers at public libraries to change settings.  When do you expect to issue an update to fix this issue?

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Kathy,

We don't have an estimate on a fix for this just yet. However, I would recommend checking to make sure you're subscribed to this thread. 

There's also another thread, that you may want to follow:

Articulate Compatibility with IE 11

As I mentioned earlier, we'll be sure to update any related threads with more information or additional solutions as soon as we have that information.

If your learners aren't able to use the compatibility workaround, it may be a good idea to see if their system administrator or IT department can install a different version of IE, or they could try using a different web browser. 

Larry Hieb

Christine Hendrickson said:

Hi Kathy,

We don't have an estimate on a fix for this just yet. However, I would recommend checking to make sure you're subscribed to this thread. 

There's also another thread, that you may want to follow:

Articulate Compatibility with IE 11

As I mentioned earlier, we'll be sure to update any related threads with more information or additional solutions as soon as we have that information.

If your learners aren't able to use the compatibility workaround, it may be a good idea to see if their system administrator or IT department can install a different version of IE, or they could try using a different web browser. 

Just to clarify, you do believe, or have some knowledge of, a permanent fix is being worked on by Articulate technicians, right?

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Larry,

I know that our QA department is currently testing the issue. Myself, as well as a few support engineers are also doing some additional testing and investigations on the issue, as we know this is something that is/will impact a lot of users. 

The thread I listed earlier is a great one to watch - if you haven't subscribed, I would recommend doing so. Again, we'll try our best to keep everyone updated. 

Thanks!

Larry Hieb

Hi Larry,

I know that our QA department is currently testing the issue. Myself, as well as a few support engineers are also doing some additional testing and investigations on the issue, as we know this is something that is/will impact a lot of users. 

The thread I listed earlier is a great one to watch - if you haven't subscribed, I would recommend doing so. Again, we'll try our best to keep everyone updated. 

Thanks!

It has been a very long time and still no fix?  Could you please update us on this as this is a major problem that impacts a lot of users.

Thanks

Larry Hieb

Hi Larry,

Thanks!

I have been watching this thread as you suggested and have seen no fixes or recent updates to keep QM 09 customers abreast of what is being done. It has been almost 2 full months since this tread started (hard telling how long this major problem existed before this thread started).  Can we still hope that a fix is still at least being worked-on or has this issue just became a lot less important and work on it has stopped?

Larry Hieb

Leslie McKerchie said:

Just wanted to pop in with an update:
Update 10 (6.3.1402.0316) was released February 11, 2014
  • Fixed issue where content wouldn't track properly in an LMS or Articulate Online when viewed in Internet Explorer 11
  • Fixed issue where AICC content uploaded to SCORM Cloud wouldn't play in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Leslie,

The fixes you mention here does not correct the issue in QM 09 where the Finish button and Print button at the end of a quiz do not work, does it?

Larry Hieb

Justin Grenier said:

Good Afternoon, Larry.

Work on this issue has not stopped.  We are still working on a fix, and we will let you know as soon as it is ready for release.

I realize this is an issue in QM 09 using IE 11 (maybe even IE 10) that the Finish and Print buttons don't work but is this also showing up as an issue with QM 13 and IE 11 browser users?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.