30 Seconds Game Project

Dec 06, 2013

I have been working on a new vocabulary game project which seems like scrabble.

This is my first time with drag and drop. You can have a look at it here; 30 Seconds Game.

9 Replies
Ana Lucia Barguil

Hi Ridvan, 

the game is very good! 

I'm working in a course about Portuguese orthography, and it's difficult to find ideas for language games. I didn't want "right or wrong" games, I wanted to show only the right orthography. Your game is very interesting: drag and drop, timer, clue.

I found some interesting ideas here:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/game/index.htm

Thanks for sharing!

Ana

Ridvan  Saglam

Hi

Ana Lucia Barguil said:

Hi Ridvan, 

the game is very good! 

I'm working in a course about Portuguese orthography, and it's difficult to find ideas for language games. I didn't want "right or wrong" games, I wanted to show only the right orthography. Your game is very interesting: drag and drop, timer, clue.

I found some interesting ideas here:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/game/index.htm

Thanks for sharing!

Ana

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your comments and suggestion. I have checked the games. I have been using an activity like Name that thing. True or False quiz also good as it gives nice feedback.

About the right and wrong games, I agree with you. Finding a creative idea with limited technical knowledge is really difficult. One day I would like to make a game with a story and more actions. Keep in touch.

Alphonso Hendricks

Great game!!!

Only improvement I would add is a pop up once I got the word correct to explain what the word means. Or a sentence containing the word. I say this because I was able to drop tile into every block until it fitted and then moved on to the next tile. Until all tiles were used up. If that is what a learner actually did - they would obtain great scores but might still not know what word actually means. Especially if learner is perhaps a third language English speaker.  

Ridvan  Saglam

Russ Sawchuk said:

Very cool! This example gave me the idea to try a slight variation for our nursing quizzes. I will ask a question, and then provide the letters for them to sort into the correct answer.

Thanks,

Russell

That's a good idea, I was thinking an alternative usage of the game. That can work well. Thanks.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.