Storyline Timeline

Apr 24, 2014

Is there a way to "un-dock" the entire Timeline Track to appropriate more of the visual workspace when adding layers on the timeline. It seems scrolling takes so much time it would be nice to drag it into another monitor to see all the layers with a dual-monitor setup.

8 Replies
Gem Austria

What's a typical turnaround time for the review of the feature request and for it to actually materialize in the app?

I also realized something very interesting about how the slide layers work and maybe someone can give me a best practice in handling this. I realized that you can only pause the timeline on the base layer, why is this feature not available on the slide layers? When working with projects, because the timeline isn't undockable and the timeline zoom in/zoom out feature is limited (meaning you have to scroll all the way to the left or right when editing to get to the end of the timeline). It would be more efficient to be able to put snippets of audio on slide layers and be able to pause the timeline on said respective slide layer based on the interactivity.

Bruce Graham

Gem Austria said:

What's a typical turnaround time for the review of the feature request and for it to actually materialize in the app?

I also realized something very interesting about how the slide layers work and maybe someone can give me a best practice in handling this. I realized that you can only pause the timeline on the base layer, why is this feature not available on the slide layers? When working with projects, because the timeline isn't undockable and the timeline zoom in/zoom out feature is limited (meaning you have to scroll all the way to the left or right when editing to get to the end of the timeline). It would be more efficient to be able to put snippets of audio on slide layers and be able to pause the timeline on said respective slide layer based on the interactivity.

Gem,

Since v1 there have been very few new features, however, v2 is on the way, and this feature has been requested by many. It would not do any harm to add your name to the list by submitting formally at http://en-uk.articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php?form=feature

Gem Austria

Bruce Graham said:

Gem Austria said:

Gem,

Since v1 there have been very few new features, however, v2 is on the way, and this feature has been requested by many. It would not do any harm to add your name to the list by submitting formally at http://en-uk.articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php?form=feature

Thanks. I submitted it... so what is the usual turnaround time for a feature such as this?
Oscar Guillen

Hi Gem,

I also got  a dual monitor setup and would love that feature too, but for the time being if you click on the timeline and press and hold Ctrl and press "+" to zoom in and  "-" to zoom out, this way is much faster than clicking on the mountain/s icons.

Also a quick way to resize the canvas view is to press and hold Ctrl and this time use the scroll wheel in your mouse to zoom in and out. Hope that helps.

Cheers

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.