Importing Powerpoint - Jump to Next Slide When Timeline Ends

Apr 28, 2014

Whenever I import a Powerpoint presentation into SL (which is part of our workflow), I automatically get the "Jump to next slide when timeline ends" trigger on each and every page.

Is there a way to stop that from happening?

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christopher,

That trigger is created with the import of Powerpoint, and you'll want to also look at the slide's properties where you could change it to "advance by user" allowing the user to use the next button. You can easily change this by looking at all your slides in Story view and pressing CTRL+A to select all of them, and then adjust the properties within the bottom right hand corner window. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christopher,

I just did a quick test - as I hadn't ever tried myself, and I set my Powerpoint slide transitions to on mouse click, and then a second set of slides to advance automatically. When I imported both of them, the trigger was automatically created to jump to the next slide when the timeline ends and the slide's properties were set to "advance automatically" so it looks like this is the default from the import. It sounds like a good feature request to be able to adjust that behavior prior to importing ( match how your powerpoint slides advance). 

Justin Lambakis

HI Ashley. Have you tried this? If I select all slides and change the property to "Slide Advances: By User", it only changes the property for one slide. I have not found a way to change them all at once. This is going to kill us developers who have 100+ decks to convert so wondering if someone has been successful trying to do this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.