Missing text after publishing

May 29, 2014

Strange problem after UPDATE 2: text in my presentations is no more visible after publishing. Here is an example with a very simple slide. I'm using Powerpoint 2007 and Presenter '13 on Windows 7.

15 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lorenzo!

How are you publishing the content?

If you view published Articulate Presenter content on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To test your content and share it with others, you'll need to upload it to the environment for which it was published. Here's how.

If you can share your Articulate Package for me to have a look at, that may help.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lorenzo!

Though most content will display during preview just like it will in the published output, there are a few items that are unavailable during preview. They are:

Lorenzo Consenti

Ok, I knew that. But the problem applies even to simple text! And since I upgraded Articulate to the last update. Today I noticed that the problem affects even Quizmaker: text in slide and text in alert boxes isn't visible! I show this in attachment (missing text pointed out by the arrows). Error box popped out, too.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lorenzo! Are you having difficulty with this one presentation or with all of your presentations?

If it's just the one, perhaps there is some corruption that needs to be addressed.

• First, be sure that your presentation is located on your local hard drive (this is typically your C: drive).  Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior.
  • If you are already working on your local hard drive or if the affected presentation continues to crash after moving it to your local hard drive, it indicates that your presentation has become corrupt.  You may be able to recover a corrupt presentation using the methods described in the following article:
    Here’s how to fix a corrupt PowerPoint file

If it's all of your presentations, you may need to conduct a repair of your software as maybe something went wrong during your update.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.