Hosting a Course

Jul 19, 2014

Hi all,

I'm new to e-learning, and I am developing a course for a company that does not have an LMS. I need to be able to track the user's quiz data. I was wondering if there is any workaround for this?

If not, I was planning on building a quick WordPress site and possibly installing an LMS plug-in. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would need something really easy and simple, as I only need to use the LMS for this first run-through of the course. After that, if the company decided they liked it, they might set up their own LMS and start producing more e-learning courses.

Any help at all, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

5 Replies
john faulkes

Hi Mary,

You can get a free account with Scorm Cloud, which will allow you to host a few courses for a limited number of users. It behaves pretty much as any sophisticated LMS does.

Tracking users' quiz results (i.e. pass/fail or % score) is possible with an LMS and you should be able to get Scorm Cloud to demo this.

Tracking users' quiz data (i.e. question by question) is much more tricky. Not sure if you meant that, but if you belong to this forum long enough you will see much correspondence about that.

As Steve says there are non-LMS ways to do things, the Google apps route is one, and there are other ways but not for the faint hearted. We provide a service for this so send me a PM if you want.

Mary Freeman

Hi John and Steve,

Thanks so much for the help!

I've checked out Scorm Cloud and am going to pass it along to the company to see if they want to try it out.

I'm also interested in trying out the Google Apps Script, but I'm not that skilled with JavaScript. I'd still like to try it. Do you have any resources that explain how to set this up?

Thanks so much again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.