Menu font is shrinking

Jul 21, 2014

Hello,

The font size on my menu is fine when I'm in Storyline, but it's showing as very small when I look at it from the published link. Does anyone know it is doing this and if there's a fix?

Thank you,

Katherine

9 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Katherine,

First, can you tell me how you're viewing the published presentation, please? Are you viewing the published output files locally, or are you uploading to a web server or LMS?

If you're viewing your published files locally, this may be the problem. If you view a published Storyline presentation on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail.

To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. Please review the article below for more information:

Publishing and Sharing Articulate Storyline Content

• I suggest using SCORM Cloud for your course - it's a great place to test SCORM content.
  • Another option would be to use our Tempshare server. Just keep in mind that this server is only available for testing content - it is not officially supported by Articulate and all content will be removed automatically after 10 days.
  • You're always welcome to try out Articulate Online, as well - it's available for a free 30 day trial.

If you're uploading to a web server or LMS, please try clearing your browser cache. If that doesn't help, try viewing the project in a different web browser.

Please let us know how it goes!

Christine

Katherine Jackson

Hello,

Christine, thanks for all the info. I published how I usually do on Storyline using the top Web tab, I believe locally. I haven't had issue with it before and need to keep this format. Also, I cleared my cache, and the menu text is still pretty small. Could anything else be to blame?

Meryem, I don't think the font size is editable, but mine is showing up smaller than it has in the past.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Katherine,

If it's usually small, it may be the fact that it's being viewed locally. If you try this on a server and see the same result, we may want to take a look at the project and do some testing.

Let me know if you see the same thing and if you're able to share the .story file here with us. Just keep in mind that if the file exceeds 20 MB, you may run into some trouble attaching it to this thread. If that's the case just let me know and we'll discuss other options for sharing the project.

Thank you!

Christine

Katherine Jackson

Christine, I've published under both web and LMS now and have the same issue. When I try another course in the future, I'll try to let you know if I still have a problem.

Also, when I open previous courses that I've done in Storyline, the font size on my slides is larger than I previously set it. Is there a solution to this problem? Could it be tied into having changed my computer monitors' screen resolution?

Thanks for your help,
Katherine

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Katherine,

I would only expect resolution to be an issue if you're seeing the same thing in preview and after publishing.

In either case, I'd make sure that you're running the supported DPI level on your machine:

Articulate Support - Articulate Storyline DPI Support

If you're running the correct DPI and seeing this in either preview or after publishing, we may want to look at one or some of the files to see what's happening.

Just let me know if that's the case!

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.