change default selected state on the pick many slide

Jul 21, 2014

Hello again,

I am using to pick many method,

I wish to change to thin blue glow when selecting an objects (image) to a thicker one , and set it as default .

is this possible? thanks in advance.

9 Replies
Carly Knowles

But what if you want to change the states of selected objects for an entire project? I've looked at the link you posted and I can't see how to change all items at once. One at a time would be astronomically time consuming in my project, which replicates a stenography machine and combinations of keys that the learner needs to select all at once. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Carly,

Unfortunately there isn't a method to change all the states across an entire project - so you'd need to change each item on a slide. If you're using a similar set up across multiple slides, you may want to look at changing one of the states or slides and then duplicating the object or slides to work through it a bit faster. 

Carly Knowles

Thanks for the quick response. There are 37 eligible buttons for the learner to select from and form the correct combination. Adding these in multiselect and marking the correct answers is pretty taxing, so I don't want to redo that by duplicating slides. I think I'll just leave it at this point. Unfortunate as it seems like it should be an easy thing to change the default and apply. 

Just so I understand correctly, if I want the default to be to grey out an object once it's selected, I must change that at the state screen of every single object on every slide throughout a project?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Carly,

The default colors of buttons are controlled by the theme colors as you'll see detailed here. I

If you want the object to be greyed out, I would set up the first button/object with all the necessary states, and then duplicate it on the slide or across slides, as that'll keep all the states associated and then you can make changes as needed. 

Carly Knowles

I created my own buttons in order to suit the course. I know you're likely trying to help out by presenting ideas to work around this limitation; however, I just wanted to point out that it is a limiting factor. Not all of my interactions are the same custom object that I created. Consistency is crucial and if I want to alter the default to say that once learners have visited anything in the course it is greyed out that shouldn't have to be done on an item-by-item basis. That makes it tempting to create some items in PPT and some in Storyline and things get lost when you deviate from processes or can only complete some items in different programs. Thanks again for your responses. I understand it is how the program is built currently, I just don't think it is very user friendly.

Request for enhancement? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.