random Text resizing

Jul 23, 2014

Here's the scenario. I have a text entry box on a slide. When you type in it then submit, and get the wrong answer, it takes you to an "incorrect" layer where the version typed is displayed (using the %textentry1% mechanism). Below that box is another with a pre typed correct answer for comparison.

Both text fields are in objects of the same size. Both fonts are exactly the same size (40) and style (articulate) however when previewed or published, the shape with the %textentry% result will resize randomly (usually larger) than the box below.

Going into the format shape option I have tried every variation of autofit, shrink text on overflow, resize shape to fit text, and wrap text in shape. All to no avail, it still changes the font size when previewed or published.

Any help????

10 Replies
Bruce Holliday

Is this any help?

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/21285/117431.aspx#117431

Im assuming you've got the latest update too.

I use the technique you have described with no changes in font size. Would you mind sharing your slide so I can check it out. The other option is to request support from STL.

Heres another to look at

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/11374/67896.aspx#67896

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

Sorry we didn't see your message earlier. I checked to see if you already opened a support case and I don't see one - but you're welcome to connect with our Support team directly or I'm also happy to take a look at your files privately. Just let me know if you've already got a case going or would like me to send directions on how to share the files with me.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Sam,

Sorry for popping in here. Ashley's out of the office for the rest of the week and I wanted to see if I could be of assistance.

We're happy to help you here, on the forums, or you can submit your case directly with our support engineers through this form.

If you decide to work with our support team, please share the case number with us here so we can follow along with the process.

Best,

Christine

sam skillington

Hi Christine, I have had it "sorted" today. Apparently it's a known issue and there is nothing can be done about it. The bodge job workaround offered isn't viable in the setup for that slide so I may have to re think the entire series of exercises. I appreciate your effort though, if not the shoddy software.

( I apologise for the bitchy comment I just have so many issues with storyline, but it's not your fault and you guys do at least spend a lot on tech support)

Thanks

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.