Storyline No import Quizmaker

Jul 25, 2014

Hi,

I am using Stroyline almost exclusively for development but, I do have the Studio '13 suite as well. I am trying to import an existing Quizmaker file into a Storyline project but am receiving an error stating :

What needs to be done in order to import quizmaker files. This also happens with Engage '13. I have updated all three apps but, have seen no results.

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

HI Erik,

Welcome to the community! :)

Chris is correct. I wanted to provide a little more information, just in case it helps:

Currently, Articulate Storyline doesn't support importing content directly from Articulate Presenter '13, Articulate Quizmaker '13, or Articulate Engage '13.

We're working to make this feature available in a future version of Storyline.

However, you can publish Studio '13 content for web, then embed it in Storyline as a web object. For example, here's how you'd insert an Engage '13 interaction in Storyline.

Thanks and I hope you both have a great day!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kathleen,

If you're using Quizmaker 09 you should be able to import that into Storyline as described here. Can you tell us more about what's happening? Are you importing it from a Presenter/Powerpoint file and seeing an error message such as Couldn’t find Quizmaker project file? That error message is described further here with some troubleshooting steps.

If that's not the case, please let us know a bit more about what's occurring for you.

Luci H

Hello,

I'm getting the same Could Not Open Quiz error when attempting to import Quizmaker 2013 .quiz file into Storyline 2013 file.

1) Is this still an issue from last year?

I can't seem to find a thread where this has been updated to "resolved" and a link to the fix/patch. I did try checking for updates from the Storyline Helpmenu but the software says it's up to date.

2) If this is still an issue, what's the progress and timing on when this fix will be delivered for existing Storyline 2013 users?

Thank you,

Luci

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Luci and welcome to Heroes,

Storyline 2 was released yesterday and it now supports the import of Studio '09 and Studio '13 files as detailed here. 

If you bought Articulate Storyline 1 with the Platinum Membership Plan, you’ll receive the Storyline 2 upgrade for free. If you don’t have a Platinum Membership Plan, you can purchase an upgrade. When you’re ready to upgrade from Storyline to Storyline 2, make sure you have your serial numbers on hand, then choose the option below that applies to you. Your order confirmation or activation email will tell you if you have a Platinum Membership Plan subscription.

You Have You Can
Storyline 1 Purchase an upgrade to Storyline 2
Storyline 1 with Platinum Membership Plan Get Storyline 2 free using PMP upgrade

If you purchased a previous version of software within 30 days of the new release, we'll give you a free upgrade to the current version. Just contact us with your order number and serial number.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.