The default navigation buttons (PREV / NEXT) are not working!

Aug 01, 2014

For the life of me, I can't find out why some of my navigation buttons (the default ones - prev and next - are not functioning, even with a trigger telling it specifically to go to the next slide, the specific slide, when the user clicks on the next button.

Any idea how this happens and what I can do to fix it?

Thank you,

Ken

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ken,

Meryem has gotten you started with some good troubleshooting steps, and I also wanted to know if you were testing the published output or previewing? If testing the published output you'll want to test it within the intended environment instead of testing it locally, as that could cause you to encounter unusual behavior.

If you're still having difficulty, please feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to take a look at your .story file.

Pequot Academy

Hello Ashley and Meryem,

Thank you for responding. No, I am not testing the published output - I was in Preview mode.

1) No, there was not a condition on the trigger beyond the default "go to next slide"

2) Regrettably, I am including the destination slides. I have to keep my scenes short because there's no way to review only a couple of the slides I'm working on: I only have One Slide, The Entire Scene (so I have to keep it limited or wait for it to ready-for-preview 22 slides) and I'm certainly not waiting for the Entire Project, which is well over 100 slides. That takes 6 clocked minutes to Preview.

3) I have yet to check that link.

Thank you again,
Ken

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.