Help w/conditions

Aug 29, 2014

Hi all

I am making my 1st Storyline training but am stuck. In my program I have a slide that displays a paragraph written with various spelling & grammatical errors. I am asking the user to select from 6 check boxes any of the errors they identified in the paragraph and then click a submit button. Basically a pick many question, only it is not a quiz.

Where I am stuck is displaying the correct/incorrect layers when the user doesn't check the correct number of boxes. They must click 5 of the 6 boxes to show the correct layer, and I got that one to work, I also have the incorrect layer showing if the user doesn't check any of the boxes.What I can't figure out how to show the incorrect layer if they check any combination other than all correct or all wrong.

Not sure if this is making sense.... would appreciate any help!!! Thanks in advance

10 Replies
Jerson  Campos

You'll need to customize the layers. Did you convert this to a freeform Pick Many?

Here are some steps that might be able to help you. Since this is not a quiz it, it will make it easier to customize this.

Delete the default correct and incorrect layers.

Create new layers, 2 for each check box. Check Box 1 Correct, Check Box 1 Incorrect, etc.

Next add triggers to the submit button. It should go something like this.

Action: Show Layer

Layer: Check Box 1 Correct

When: User Clicks

Object: Submit button

List: Shape

Operator: == Equal to

State: Selected

Action: Show Layer

Layer: Check Box 1 Incorrect

When: User Clicks

Object: Submit button

List: Shape

Operator: == Equal to

State: Normal

You also mentioned that one shouldn't be selected. Just reverse the State condition for that one. This way it shows correct when it is not selected.

If you need any more help, just let me know. I could probable do a screener for it.

Mischelle Walters

Thanks for your response Jerson.

I want to make sure you understand what I am trying to do as what you have me doing seems like alot and I think it should be easier! HAHA 

I designed my own screen using check boxes and a submit button –it is not a freeform question.

The user would need to check boxes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6. to get“correct feedback”.

Any other combination would display “incorrect feedback”. 

Does this make sense?? 

Mischelle Walters

Hi Jerson, 

I am attaching my entire file, (it's my first course so don't laugh at the simplicity    ) if you could take a look at it and help with the conditions.  

The slide is 1.10 customer email - the objective is to select all that apply. I want the correct layer to show when they select choices 1,3,4,6 and the incorrect layer to show when any other combination of choices is selected. 

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.  

Jerson  Campos

Hi Mischelle

Attached is the revised storyline file.  It seemed like you had things set up correctly but for some reason the question slide was behaving weirdly. One you couldn't select the correct options in form view and it was going to a different slide instead of showing the layers when you submitted the interaction.  I just deleted the interactions and converted it to a pick many again. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.