Storyline 2 Slider Demos

Sep 16, 2014

One of the many new features in Storyline 2 are Slider controls. Here are just a few examples for how they could be used. And here is a brief blog post about sliders.

30 Replies
Michael Hinze

Andrew Stewart said:

Really nice post about the uses of sliders!

Can I just ask what software did you use to record the rotating of the device?

A CAD model of the device was imported into a 3D animation software (in this case, it was Blender). The model was then lit and rotated and then the animation was exported as a sequence of bitmaps. The bitmaps were imported into Storyline and added to custom states of an object.
Alexandre Gueroult

Hello everybody,

First I would like to say that sliders are very useful to improve our courses !

But have a question concerning the "Standard Slider with transparent track and blue 'progress indicator' object behinf it", found in the last slide of the exemple (present in the first post).

I haven't found an exemple to explain how is it possible to realize this. Somebody could help me ?

Thank you,

Alexandre. 

Jacob Olivier

Hi Michael,

that's a brillant example, congratulations for it!!!
I have one question, on your last slide, on slider on bottom of the page, it becomes blue when you move the slider. I can not find how to make it....I succeed to change the comple track, but do not succeed to make it progressive and link to the slider...

How do you perform it?

Olivier

Michael Hinze
Jacob Olivier

Hi Michael,

that's a brillant example, congratulations for it!!!
I have one question, on your last slide, on slider on bottom of the page, it becomes blue when you move the slider. I can not find how to make it....I succeed to change the comple track, but do not succeed to make it progressive and link to the slider...

How do you perform it?

Olivier

Sorry for the late response, I wasn't subscribed to this thread. That's a built-in slider with a hover state, that slightly changes color. I'm not sure what you mean by 'but do not succeed to make it progressive and link to the slider...'. The track on this slider was actually made transparent,I just created a scale out of Storyline objects, e.g. lines and pout them behind the slider.

Michael Hinze
Kira Guseva

Hi Michael, your examples are the best!

Can you tell me, how to return slider to initial states, when i go to the next slide and then return to previous. Now my slider stay at that position from wich i leave the slide (

Hi Kira, there is a variable attached to any slider. As you move the slider, the variable changes. This also, works the other way around; if you use a trigger to assign a new value to the variable, the slider will move to the position that reflects that value. You can use this to 'reset' your sliders. Add slide triggers that set your slider variables (and with that the sliders themselves) to their initial values when the slide's timeline starts. Hope that makes sense.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.