102 Replies
Lars Andel

Are you kidding me with the Storyline 2!? There are so many features in Storyline 2 that should come as a free software update for Storyline 1.

• Auto-recovery
  • Move objects anywhere on your slide
  • More animations, effects & transitions
  • Did I mention Auto-recovery for projects when storyline crashes?
  • Time-Line & animations triggers
  • A real text editor!
  • Auto-recovery
  • Navigation buttons after learner complete an activity
  • AUTO-RECOVERY! AUTO-RECOVERY! AUTO-RECOVERY

Come on articulate! This and probably a whole lot more from Storyline 2 should be included in a storyline 1 free software update.

Instead of giving us what is deserved in Storyline 1 aim for something bigger with storyline 2 instead. The future is not to be able to move around widgets on the desktop, the future is not to be able to re-adjust text and line spacing or even being able to move objects. Aim bigger and higher!

chiefy .

Lars Andel said:

Are you kidding me with the Storyline 2!? There are so many features in Storyline 2 that should come as a free software update for Storyline 1.

• Auto-recovery
  • A real text editor!
  • Auto-recovery

Come on articulate! This and probably a whole lot more from Storyline 2 should be included in a storyline 1 free software update.

Instead of giving us what is deserved in Storyline 1 aim for something bigger with storyline 2 instead. The future is not to be able to move around widgets on the desktop, the future is not to be able to re-adjust text and line spacing or even being able to move objects. Aim bigger and higher!

Hold up, this isn't a patch for Storyline?

Tony Chilvers

Gary Kenyon said:

Nope a £700 upgrade.

Articulate,

I am disgusted in this, first you release Storyline and have us all pay out for the new package, that is effectively Studio on steroids.

Now you release feature requests and bug fixes as a completely new package again?

Where does it stop?

TC

Tony Youens

I have Storyline 1 and will probably upgrade. Does this mean that Storyline 1 stays on my computer and Storyline 2 installs as a separate program or does Storyline 1 get modified into Storyline 2? When Studio went from '09 to '13, '09 was overwritten.

Also if I try the trial version for 30 days will I still qualify for the upgrade deal?

John McNichol

Tony Chilvers said:

Gary Kenyon said:

Nope a £700 upgrade.

Articulate,

I am disgusted in this, first you release Storyline and have us all pay out for the new package, that is effectively Studio on steroids.

Now you release feature requests and bug fixes as a completely new package again?

Where does it stop?

TC

I agree. Looking at some of the features, imo it does seem like Articulate are charging for bug fixes and features that could have been included in Storyline 1.

Garry Hargreaves

Lars Andel said:

• Auto-recovery
  • A real text editor!
  • Auto-recovery

Have to agree to Lars, I'll need to reset my expectation.

Kevin Collins

Agree with those who think that a lot of Storyline 2 should have been included in a Storyline 1 update (e.g., importing Studio 13 programs, auto-recovery). The new features - e.g., motion paths, sliders - are hardly worth previous users having to pony up another 700 bucks. Hey, Articulate, couldn't you have at least thrown your loyal users a bone such as a second character pack. It bugs me that a new buyer of Storyline gets a $999 character pack for a net price of about 400 dollars for Storyline 2. I did upgrade but now have real second thoughts. I'm now in for $2000 for Storyline - great program but too much.

Adrian Bara

I kind of agree with at least some of the disappointment here. If the HTML 5 is generated better in Storyline 2 than 1, then the first needs to be patched to include these fixes. The upgrade (or the full version) isn't cheap and if you're not an organisation this might hurt.

The lack of responsive templates or at least a solution to how it could be handled makes it more or less a dealbreaker for me. At least for now. What I'd like to see to make it a viable as an upgrade is a MUCH lower cost for the upgrade, at least for an introduction period. 

John McNichol

Christoph Krieger said:

Just rezising the content and then calling it "mobile learning" is for sure NOT the future.

Agreed. When designing a responsive website a decent developer would design the website for mobile phones first and scale up the content, this would obviously influence their design from the start. Designing e-learning is similar, it doesn't mean scaling desktop content to different form factors. Having the ability to develop in three form factors would actually influence our design from the start, it is giving us the ownership to make that design decision ourselves, then ultimately it is up to us the designers to create e-learning that is scalable. I would rather have the tools, but that Articulate post seems more like their point of view and is assuming we would just resize the desktop content. It is a shame articulate hasn't addressed mobile completely in this release because of this point of view.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.