Storyline 2 - cursor flashing in text entry field

Oct 03, 2014

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me out with a text entry box in Storyline 2.

I have a screen where the learner enters their name in the text entry field. In Storyline [1], I moved the text entry to the bottom of the list in the timeline which allowed the cursor to be flashing when the user arrived at that screen. This function does not seem to be working now that I have updated to Storyline 2.

Suggestions?

Crystal

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Crystal,

I just saw this reported by another user - and it looks to be something we've reported to our QA team for additional review. I'll add this thread to the existing report so that they're aware of how many users are being impacted and so that I can provide any additional information here once it becomes available. 

HI Tjalling,

I'm sorry that you've run into this behavior too - and as I shared with Crystal it was reported to our QA Team in regards to the change in behavior. I'll post any additional information here once it becomes available, but in the meantime you may want to provide direction to your users that they'll need to click within the text entry field to start typing there.

Peter Holl

Hi Emily

I've just stumbled across this problem too!

I've checked that I'm running the most recent version (Update 7:1509.1408) and I am (although it is still in Trial mode - just waiting for my license to come through).

I've tried the HTML5 published version in IE 10 and Chrome version 46 and the text entry box seems to lose focus.  When I run the Flash version, however, it works fine (it keeps the focus on the text entry box).

I wondered if it was because I was displaying a different layer at the start of the slide (the Hint Caption layer) so I deleted that trigger, but it was still a problem.

I've attached a copy of the project to see if you can spot anything I may have done wrong (I've deleted most of the content, except for one of the scenes where the problem occurs on slide 3.3). 

Hope you can help!

Many thanks

PJ

Hi PJ,

Thanks for sharing the file here. Since you said it was just the scene 3.3 and in the HTML5 output I tested that scene specifically and I was able to see the same thing in your course. I do see that our team is aware of an additional issue where it's not set as the focus on graded fill in the blanks or freeform text entry - so I'll include this thread as a part of that report filed with our team. Additionally I wanted to note that IE11 is not a supported browser for viewing the HTML5 content per the system requirements. 

I'll include this thread in the report filed with our team but I'm unable to share specifics in regards to when it'll be fixed, so in the meantime you may want to instruct users to click within the correct field. Once I have additional information I'll be sure to share it here with you. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.