Quiz questions, review, and Player Features problem

Oct 07, 2014

Hello all,

I seem to have a problem when using anything other than the default Player Features under the Slide Properties for quiz questions. If I keep them at default then the Next and Previous buttons show up during quiz review as expected. If I choose Custom for the Selected Slides then only the Submit button appears when reviewing the quiz.

Has anyone else had this happen or can anyone replicate this?

Thanks very much in advance. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

-C

27 Replies
Emily Ruby

Hello Chris!

The Default/custom Player Features drop down is for the features within the player, menu, glossary etc.

When you add a quiz slide, the properties are set to have only the submit button by default.

And you would need to select the Prev/Next boxes to get them to appear.

I have tested this in SL2, and the buttons are working as designed.

If you want us to look at your .story file, you can attach it using the paperclip icon.

Chris Gonzalez

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for replying.

I'm not using any custom buttons. Having the next and prev buttons during quiz review is the behavior I want. They will only show up if I leave the Player Features under Slide Properties set to default. If I change anything under Player Features on the quiz slide, such as turn off the Resources tab, then the Submit button shows up during quiz review.

I have been able to replicate this behavior several times in SL2. Doesn't seem to matter if it's a converted SL1 file or a brand new project created in SL2.

I submitted a support case along with a .story file showing the behavior. Might have to reinstall the program to see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

Chris Gonzalez

I experimented a bit today and found a workaround, if not ideal.

In order to defeat the Submit button appearing during a quiz Review you will need to edit your Player properties around how you want quiz questions to appear. So for example if you do not want the Menu, Glossary, or Resources items to appear during a test you need to uncheck those items in the Player (accessed by clicking the Player button at the top of the menu). 

You will then need to turn on or off those properties for non-quiz slides on a slide by slide basis by clicking the gear icon on the Base Layer of the individual slide.

But quiz slides must stay at Player defaults, you cannot customize.

Seems to have worked for me.

Tammy Fagan

This is the same issue I was having and this workaround does work with the exception of one item.  Instead of using the built-in Glossary I use an engage file for my glossary that is accessible from the Menu.  However I do not want the Glossary to be accessible during the quiz.  How do I hide or deactivate the Glossary in the player menu during the quiz slides?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.