Viewing Storyline 2 if you have only Storlyine 1

Oct 08, 2014

I have developed a course in Storyline 2. I have forwarded it to my client to review and they are unable to view it as they only have Storyline 1. Can you save 2 in a Storyline 1 format?

6 Replies
Adriaan Coetzee

Hi Phil

Thanks so much. Can you guide me as I have never published to web. I have worked through the tutorial for publishing. However when it comes to save to "Server etc" what does that imply? I do not have access to our clients systems. I tested to add a file to a Dropbox but that does not work, any suggestions?

Emily Ruby

Hello Adriaan!

Here is a tutorial on publishing for web.

After publishing, do any of the following:

• Use the FTP option on the Publish Successful dialog to upload the published files to a web server.
  • Use your own FTP client to upload the published files to a web server.
  • Give the published files to your server administrator to upload to a web server.

After uploading your published content to a web server, give learners the URL for the story.html file.

If you don't have access to a web server, here are a few free options to consider:

• Tempshare: This is a free service provided by Articulate for testing Storyline content. Note: Uploaded files will be deleted after 10 days.
  • Amazon S3: Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a graduated fee.
  • Dropbox: Place your published output in the Public folder in your Dropbox account to share it with others.
  • Google Drive: Change the story.html file to index.html and set the sharing permissions to Public.Here's how.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.