30 Ways Course Designers are Using AI in E-Learning #416

Using AI in E-Learning RECAP #416: Challenge | Recap

This week's challenge asked course designers to show how AI can be used in e-learning and instructional design.

Kandice Kidd

I used ChatGPT for a course outline on a personal emergency fund. Every image used in the sample is from Microsoft Bing's Image Creator. I'm not sure the graphics are ground breaking, but they were free and I could enter a gazillion prompts until I was close to what I wanted.

Kandice Kidd

Example | Kandice Kidd

Jonathan Hill

Here's a quick demo that lets you see the world through the eyes of Dali - well, the eyes of Dall•E to be more precise. The transition effect is based on Chris Hodgson's template, which I adapted for use with a slider rather than buttons. You can download Chris's template.

Jonathan Hill

Example | Learn more | Jonathan Hill | Website | @DevByPowerPoint

Tom Kuhlmann

Video avatars using Pippio.

Tom Kuhlmann

Example | Tom Kuhlmann | Website | LinkedIn | @TomKuhlmann

Pixar-like images using Midjourney.

https://articulate-heroes-authoring.s3.amazonaws.com/Examples/Storyline/SL360/WashingtonDC/story.html

Example | Tom Kuhlmann | Website | LinkedIn | @TomKuhlmann

Jodi M. Sansone

For the demo, I started with ChatGPT to create the interview and responses. I translated the script into French via Google Translate (Thierry, can you tell me if the translation worked?) Then I dropped the script into D-ID, and it created Lautrec responding to the questions. I'm sure within a year, it will look even more realistic. I used the Articulate closed captions as a translation device, like subtitles at the movies.

Jodi M. Sansone

Example | Jodi M. Sansone | Website | @jodimsansone

Daniel Canaveral

Flash card images courtesy of Craivon AlImage Generator using the keywords: "A [name of animal] dressed in a business suit."

Daniel Canaveral

Example | Daniel Canaveral

Brian Cho

Have you ever imagined what it would be like to meet Jesus Christ in person for an interview? Or receive a personal letter from Oprah Winfrey? What if we had a keynote from Steve Jobs today about AI?

Brian Cho

Example | Brian Cho | Website

Chris Hodgson

My project demonstrates what is possible when we start to integrate the latest Generative-AI API solutions that are available for developers to work with right now into Articulate Storyline 360.

It's called Generate Your Own Text-Based Storyline Adventure. AI dynamically generates the entire story; no two adventures will ever be the same! (Though some may be more exciting than others!)

Chris Hodgson

Example | Chris Hodgson | Website | @skriss

Tracy Carroll

The short, silly video I created is the result of typing in 4 sentences, and choosing from the images Designer created.

Example | Learn more | Tracy Carroll | Website | @1tracycarroll

Creating a video script with ChatGPT

Example | Learn more: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Tracy Carroll | @1tracycarroll

Daniel Turner-Gallastegui

This is a course demonstrating several uses of generative AI. It's a bit silly but the premise is an "oracle" that will generate a short course for you, on absolutely anything you ask it for. The course is generated by OpenAI's ChatGPT API (called from javascript within storyline). 

Daniel Turner-Gallastegui

Example | Learn more | Daniel Turner-Gallastegui | Website

Tracy Carroll

To create the interactive Articulate Rise example below, I decided to try out Canva’s new AI text-to-image feature for the first time.

Tracy Carroll

Example | Learn more | Tracy Carroll | Website | @1tracycarroll

Lisa Listama

I use Chat GPT like an assistant who has more creative ideas than I do. For example, I wanted to make an insurance course built in Rise by making it gamified in Rise. Yes, you read that right. So I asked Chat GPT to create scripts for a Michael HIll (jewelry company I work for) game show, a game show host character, and develop game ideas based on the content I needed to test the learners on. I was also low on imagination, so I asked it to create module titles that were content-specific but fun. Here is the whole course. Jump to Challenges One, Two, Three, and Four to see the scripts and ideas in action. 

Lisa Listama

Example | Lisa Listama

Phezulu Dhlodhlo

I am delighted to submit my work on how AI can be used in the field of music. Of course, this comes from a background that l cannot even sing to save my own life. 

Phezulu Dhlodhlo

Example | Phezulu Dhlodhlo

Bonne Nagle

I used ChatGpt and Adobe Firefly - and asked them both to reword articles based on either the "speaker" or audience.  You can see the difference between a college student, a TedTalk, a preschooler, and a documentary.

Bonne Nagle

Example | Bonne Nagle | Website

Ron Katz

All creative content for this example was created as "original art" using New Bing. The comic book-style frames came from Learning Heroes download section. The original video from CreateStudioPro, and the music is from Zapsplat.com.

Ron Katz

Example | Ron Katz | Website

Hannah Radant

Hannah Radant

Example | Hannah Radant | Website

Amaly Gillig

I used Canva's text-to-image feature for the images and Bing chat for inspiration on the content.

Amaly Gillig

Example | Amaly Gillig

Ralf Hartmann

I tried another way to be supported by AI. ChatGPT should give me an e-learning draft in terms of text and content. I wrote an instruction for ChatGPT to create this text, quiz and give proposals for graphics to be used within e-learning. My instruction is very general and can be used for many topics.

Ralf Hartmann

Example | Ralf Hartmann

Ilona Winnemore

I used the Synthesia video generation tool to produce the video and audio, and for the script and question writing, I used ChatGPT. The video serves as a training demo for pharmaceutical sales representatives and features scenario-based content with accompanying questions. I aimed to create a seamless flow and optimal learning experience for the learners.

Ilona Winnemore

Example | Ilona Winnemore | Website

eLearn Dev

eLearn Dev

Example | eLearn Dev

Julie BIGOT

A quick project for me using Blockade Labs and their 360 images.

Julie BIGOT

Example | Julie BIGOT

Jackie Matuza

I have heard from friends that they like using ChatGPT to facilitate brainstorming and thought this was a great use for e-learning design as well as I think getting started can be the hardest part. For example, I liked the linked YouTube video above, which used ChatGPT to generate quiz questions, so I started there but then also had ChatGPT create learning objectives, scenarios, drag-and-drop options, and character names. Some of the content I used, but most were helpful to get me moving in a direction, and I then generated my items - great for breaking writer's block! 

Jackie Matuza

Example | Download prompts | Jackie Matuza | Website

Cyd Walker

I asked ChatGPT to write a short mystery about women at Bletchley Park. Then I composed a short film using this story, and MURF AI for the narration, in addition to a few images generated by Bing Chat. Find out what happened.

Cyd Walker

Example | Cyd Walker

Nhlamolo Moja

Nhlamolo Moja

Example | Nhlamolo Moja

Courtney Roberts

I used ChatGPT to help write the feedback message after the answer is submitted and the answers for challenge question #4. I asked it to write in the style of Seinfeld and I think it did a pretty good job.

Courtney Roberts

Example | Courtney Roberts

Yigah Lhamo

Yigah Lhamo

Example | Yigah Lhamo

Jennifer Bieszczad

Jennifer Bieszczad

Example | Jennifer Bieszczad

Kate Golomshtok

The text was made by the GPT chat in just 3 requests. Next I usedLexica / to generate images andFontJoy to select a font pair. Then, I slightly corrected the image in the Figma.

Kate Golomshtok

Example | Kate Golomshtok | Website

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure. 

And if you share your demos on Twitter, please include #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

Share Your AI-Inspired E-Learning Examples!

The AI in e-learning challenge is still open! If you have one or more ideas you'd like to share, please jump over to the original challenge and post your links in the comments section. I'll update this recap page to include your examples.

How Are E-Learning Designers Using AI to Build Online Training? #416