6 Checklist Interactions to Motivate Learners
Even if you’re not the type of person who has a color-coded e-mail inbox and shops at The Container Store, you’ve probably felt the thrill of ticking things off your to-do list. There’s science behind why this is so dang satisfying. Accomplishing short-term goals releases dopamine in your brain. And hits of this feel-good chemical help propel you through the task at hand.
Since checklists help people do and learn more while feeling awesome and accomplished, it’s easy to see why they’re popular e-learning tools. Course creators use checklists to remind learners of on-the-job processes, track their progress, visualize what they’ve accomplished, and much more.
Convinced that you need a checklist interaction in your next course? Here are some examples and downloads to inspire you:
- Share some basic info and this demo by Amar Kulshreshta will provide you with a custom travel checklist.
- Take a preliminary quiz and receive a checklist of custom lessons in this demo by Maija Perfiljeva.
- Put on your workout gear and start the timer! This demo by Nancy Woinoski will get you out of your chair and breaking a sweat.
- Learn Spanish vocabulary by interacting with the virtual scenes in this demo from Cora Malone.
- Use this checklist by Liliana Cotoara to consider the ethics and impact of your shopping choices.
- Walk learners through a multi-step process with this colorful tabs template checklist from Brandon Lynn.
If you really can’t get enough of checklists, there are more examples and downloads in our Storyline downloads hub. You’re sure to find interactions to inspire or kickstart the next project on your list.