Articulate Presenter lets you add videos to the sidebar of your course, one for each slide. These are known as presenter panel videos. They're great for narrating a course or supplementing slide content.
Here's how to add a presenter panel video to a slide:
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and choose Add Presenter Video.
- Browse to the video you want to use, and click Open. Presenter supports the following video file formats:
- When the Add Presenter Video window appears, use the Play/Pause and Stop buttons to preview your video. If you change your mind, click the blue file name below the thumbnail image to switch to a different video.
- Edit the optional video properties at the bottom of the window:
- Do not compress video at publish: Mark this box if you don't want the video to be compressed in your published output. It may increase video quality, but it'll also result in larger files. (This feature is only available for MP4 videos created with baseline, main, or high profiles.)
- Alternate Text: Do your learners use screen readers? The Alternate Text field can help with that. Just enter text that describes the video, and screen readers will read it to your learners.
- Click OK to complete the process.
A small Flash icon will appear on the slide to indicate that there is a presenter panel video for this slide. The Flash icon won't show in your published course, but you can drag it off the slide stage if it gets in your way while you're designing the slide.
- Presenter panel videos are synchronized with the slide. Use the course's Play/Pause button and Seekbar to control video playback.
- The maximum size for presenter panel videos is 220 pixels wide by 167 pixels high. If your video is larger, Presenter will scale it to fit and maintain aspect ratio for best results.