With Articulate Quizmaker, you can enhance your quizzes with videos from any of three sources: video files, websites, and webcams. We'll take a look at each method below.
Adding a Video from a File
Quizmaker supports many video file formats. SWF, FLV, and MP4 are natively supported. Other formats will be automatically converted to MP4.
Note: Videos will be automatically synchronized with the slide and controlled by the timeline. To add an interactive SWF file that plays independently of the slide and isn't controlled by the timeline, insert it as a Flash movie instead.
Here’s how to insert a video from a file:
- Do one of the following:
- Then navigate to the video you want to insert, and click the Open button. The following file formats are natively supported in Quizmaker:
Tip: If your video placeholder is hard to see (it could appear as a white, black, or transparent rectangle in Quizmaker), you can right-click it, and choose Set Poster Frame. Then browse for an image file to use as the video placeholder.
Note: As of May 2015, Google no longer allows YouTube videos to be embedded in this manner; however, YouTube videos in existing quizzes will continue to work. You can still add YouTube videos to new projects as web objects, which are supported in Flash, HTML5, and Articulate Mobile Player output.
- In Slide View, go to the Insert tab, click the Video drop-down arrow, and select Video from Website.
- Copy the video embed code from the hosting website, and paste it into the Insert Video From Website box.
- Click the Insert button.
Adding a Video from a Webcam
Quizmaker also lets you record video directly from your webcam. Here’s how:
- In Slide View, go to the Insert tab, click the Video drop-down arrow, and select Record Webcam.
- Before you begin recording, click More device settings to choose the webcam and microphone you want to use (if you have more than one) and to assign the video size. And then specify the following:
- Use the Video Device drop-down list to select the webcam you want to use.
- Click the Advanced hyperlink to fine-tune your webcam properties.
- Use the Video Size drop-down list to select the dimensions for your video.
- Use the Audio Device drop-down list to select the microphone you want to use.
- Then click the red Record button to begin recording.
- When you've finished recording your video, click the Stop button.
- If you'd like to preview your recording before inserting it into your quiz, click the Play button.
- If you'd like to redo your recording, click the red X to delete the current recording. Then click the Record button to start over.
- When you're ready to insert the recording into your quiz, click OK.