Here's what you need to know about the
The logo panel has a few basic requirements for custom logos. Here's what you need to know:
- Max width: 244 pixels. You can go smaller, but not wider than 244 pixels.
- Height: You can use any height you like, however, the higher the setting, the farther down your menu content will go. A good height is between 100-300 pixels.
- DPI: 92 DPI. If there's one thing that throws off the logo, it's the DPI. Be sure your logo is saved at 92 DPI and you won't see any sizing issues.
- File types: .swf, .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp, .emf, and .wmf
Okay, enough of the technical info, let's add the logo!
If you're following along, I'm working in Lesson Files > Chapter 06 > Logo.pptx.
Adding Your Own Logo to the Player
- Go to Articulate > Presentation Options and select the Logos tab
- Add your logo by clicking the Add... button and browse to Lesson Files > Chapter 06
- Select your DIYTC_Logo.jpg from the list
- Click OK
Your logo is now saved in your options and will be available any time you publish your course.
NOTE: Assuming you're using the default Corporate Communications template, your Logo panel will be enabled. If you're using another template or you modified the Corporate Communications template, you'll want to verify the Logo panel is enabled.
To enable the Logo panel:
- Go to Articulate > Player Templates and select the Layout tab
- Verify the Logo panel option is selected in the Sidebar menu
- Click Close
Your logo has now been added to the logo library.
Publishing your course with your logo
To publish your course with the logo:
- Go to Articulate > Publish to bring up the Publish properties
- For the Properties, select DIYTC_Logo.jpg
- Click Publish to publish your course with your new logo
Check out Tom's post on 9 Ways to Deal with Corporate Branding in E-learning Courses. It's a fun post that highlights some creative ways for dealing with course branding issues.
In the next lesson, we'll modify our Player Template to customize the player's colors.