- Select the shape, caption, or text box you want to customize.
- On the Storyline ribbon, select the Format tab. Now use any of the following to customize the item you selected.
- Change Shape: Click this option and then choose one of the shapes listed to switch to a different shape.
- Shape Styles: The preset shape styles in Storyline provide you with a handy way to quickly change the appearance of your object. Click one of the thumbnails in the Shape Styles section to apply a style. You can click the small triangle at the lower-right of the thumbnails to expand the list if you need to.
Shape Fill: Click this option to change the fill color of your object. Use the guidelines below.
- If you see a color you like, click on it to apply it to your object. The colors available are controlled by your project's design theme.
- To remove the fill from an object, choose No Fill.
- To fill the object with a color other than the choices shown, choose More Fill Colors.
- To fill the object with a picture, choose Picture and then browse to the image you want to use and click Open.
- To apply a gradient fill to your object, choose Gradient and then either choose one of the preset options or choose More Gradients.
- To apply a texture fill, choose Texture and then either choose one of the preset options or choose More Textures.
Shape Outline: Click this option to change the outline of your object. Use the guidelines below.
- If you see a color you like, you can click on it to apply it to the outline of your object. The colors available are controlled by your project's design theme.
- To remove the outline from an object, choose No Outline.
- To format the outline with a color other than the choices shown, choose More Outline Colors.
- To change the outline's thickness, choose Weight.
- To change the line style to something other than a solid line, choose Dashes.
Shape Effects: Click this option to apply or change a shadow, reflection, glow, or soft edges to your object. Use the guidelines below.
- To apply a shadow, choose Shadow and pick from the options available.
- To apply a reflection, choose Reflection and pick from the options available.
- To apply a glow, choose Glow and then click one of the color choices. The glow colors are determined by the project's design theme.
- To apply soft edges, choose Soft Edges and pick from the options available.
Bring Forward/Send Backward: Click these options to bring the object forward or backward one layer on your slide. Or, to send the object to the very front or back, click the small arrow next to one of the choices and select Bring to Front or Send to Back.
- Tip: In addition to the Bring Forward and Send Backward options, another way to change the layer order of objects is to use the timeline. Click the Timeline tab that appears below your slide. All the elements on your slide will be listed in the timeline, in the same order in which they're layered on your slide — in other words, the topmost items in the list are the items that are closest to the front, or top, layer of the slide. To change the layering order, just select an item on the timeline and drag it up or down in the list.
Align: Use this option to align objects with one another or to align objects with the slide itself.
- Click Align and choose either Align to Slide or Align to Selected Objects. (If you've selected just one object rather than multiple, only Align to Slide will be available.)
- Next, click Align again and choose one of the alignment options (left, center, right, top, middle, or bottom). Or, to space items evenly, choose Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically.
- Group: Grouping is a handy feature that allows you to move, resize, rotate, flip, or change other attributes of several objects all at the same time — as if they were a single object. To group objects, use Shift-Click to select two or more objects, and then choose Group to group them. If you later wish to ungroup them, you can select the group and choose Group > Ungroup. To regroup items that were previously part of a group, choose Group > Regroup.
- Rotate: Click this option to rotate your selected object(s). Choose one of the options listed, or choose More Rotation Options to enter a specific rotation value. If you choose More Rotation Options, you'll see the following window where you can enter a specific value in the Rotation field, or use the arrows to increase or decrease the value. Click Close when you're done.
- Height and Width: Use these fields to enter a specific height and width, in pixels, for your object. You can also quickly resize the object itself by just selecting it and dragging the handles on its bounding box.