Announcing the 2015 Articulate Guru Contest

Hey gang!  I’m psyched to announce our 2015 Articulate Guru Contest! That’s right, this is your chance to share your best e-learning work and perhaps win prizes, accolades, and admiration from all!

The Articulate Guru Contest is for course creators who want to show their best work with the e-learning community. The contest is all about showing what’s possible with Articulate software. The more creatively you use the features, the better chance you have of winning!

How does the contest work?

Anyone can enter. All you have to do is share one or more amazing e-learning projects, built in Studio '13 or Storyline 2, and upload the files before 5 PM PST on June 30, 2015. That’s it!

You can submit as many entries as you like.

What makes a Guru entry?

Our judges are looking for the most creative uses of Articulate’s tools and features. You can build anything you like for any topic you like. You'll want to make a good impression quickly, so focus on things like pacing, open navigation, and out-of-the box uses for the built-in tools and features. And courses with great visual design will have a definite edge!

How big of a course should I submit?

The thing to remember is that Guru courses are evaluated on creativity, not duration. If you have a full course but there is nothing new after Slide 130, try selecting a dozen slides and modifying them to create the most interactive excerpt possible.

Can I use my e-learning challenge demos?

You bet you can! In fact, I can tell you that a lot of the challenge demos we've seen over the past two years would be ideal starting points for Guru entries. Many of the challenge topics were designed around our top features and popular learning interactions.

Do I need to own Articulate software to enter the contest?

You don’t need to own the software to participate. You can download a fully functional, 30-day trial and build as many demos as you can during the trial. If you have technical or creative questions, jump into the forums and we’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Can I get feedback on my entry?

You’re more than welcome to share your projects in the discussion forums and ask for any type of help you need. If you’re looking to brainstorm content ideas or possible solutions for an interaction, please feel free to ask. During the contest, we won’t be able to offer offline feedback on entries. That’s just to make sure everyone has the same chance.

The deadline for entries is 5 PM PST June 30, 2015! You can upload your entries on this page.

Good luck, E-Learning Heroes!

71 Comments
David Anderson
Allan McDowell
David Anderson
David Anderson