In this tutorial, you’ll add animations and synchronize them with audio in Storyline 360 and Storyline 3.
Watch this video demonstration, then follow the activities below to practice.
- Open the Storyline folder in your practice files, then open the 02B_Sync_Animations_360.story file.
There are two duplicate slides in the sample project. The first slide already has synchronized animations so you can preview the finished example. We'll add animations to the second slide and synchronize them with audio in this tutorial.
- Go to the second slide, select the text box that contains bullet points, then go to the Animations tab on the ribbon and add a Fade entrance animation.
- By default, the entire text box will animate all at once. But what if we want each bullet point to animate separately? We can do that, too. With the text box still selected, go back to the Animations tab on the ribbon, click Effect Options next to your Fade entrance animation, then select By Paragraph at the bottom of the drop-down list.
- Storyline will change the single text box object to a group of text strings in the timeline. You can click the triangle to the left of the Bullets object to expand its contents. Now, we can control the timing of each bullet point individually.
- Click the play/pause button in the lower left corner of the timeline to listen to your audio.
- As the audio plays, press the C key on your keyboard at each point where you want an animation to occur. Storyline will add a cue point to the timeline each time you press the C key.
- After adding cue points to the slide (see above), right-click the Delegate wisely object in the timeline panel, scroll to Align to Cue Point, and choose Cue Point 1. Notice that the object automatically lines up with the cue point and is now synchronized with your audio.
- Right-click the Set clear goals object in the timeline panel, scroll to Align to Cue Point, and choose Cue Point 2.
- Right-click the Recognize achievement object in the timeline panel, scroll to Align to Cue Point, and choose Cue Point 3.
That’s all there is to it!
You learned how to add animations and sync them with audio using cue points in Storyline 360 and Storyline 3.
In the next tutorial, we’ll import PowerPoint slides into a Storyline project.