The Resume feature in Articulate Presenter controls how learners will experience your course when they view it more than once. You can customize the resume behavior, so learners:
- Start the course fresh every time.
- Start the course where they left off the last time they visited the course.
- Choose (via a prompt) whether to start over or resume where they left off.
To customize the resume behavior, go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Player.
When the Player Properties window appears, click Other.
Find the Resume section of the window, and use the On restart drop-down to make your choice.
- Prompt to resume: This option asks learners if they want to pick up where they left off. The prompt will look something like this:
- Always resume: This option sets your course to open where learners left off last time. Learners won't see a prompt; the resume just happens automatically.
- Never resume: This option sets your course to always open at the beginning, regardless of whether the learner viewed any part of it previously. Learners won't see a prompt.
If you choose Prompt to resume or Always resume, and if you'll be hosting your content in an LMS, do one of the following:
- If your LMS supports bookmarking, mark the box labeled When running in LMS, ignore Flash cookie. The LMS will control resume behavior in this scenario.
- If your LMS doesn't support bookmarking, uncheck When running in LMS, ignore Flash cookie. The Flash cookie will control resume behavior in this scenario.
Changing the Wording on the Resume Prompt
If you've enabled a resume prompt, you can customize what it says. The text comes from your player's text labels. If you need help editing the text labels, see this tutorial.
Saving Your Changes to the Player
Presenter will save your player customizations in your project file. It's a good practice, though, to save your player separately, so you can apply the same player customizations to other courses.
To save your player, click the Current Player button and choose Save. If you're prompted, enter a name for the player, and click OK.
For details about using the Current Player options, see Saving Your Player or Switching to a Different One.