In Presenter ’09, one of the ways you can customize the look of your course is by changing the colors of your player template. The player template consists of anything in your published course that’s not contained on your course slides. It includes items like the title bar, the sidebar, the player controls, and even the HTML background that appears behind your published course when users view it.
Here’s how to alter your player’s color scheme:
- Open your course in PowerPoint and select Player Templates from the Articulate menu.
- Select Colors from the left edge of the window.
- In the Color scheme field is the name of the color scheme currently assigned to the player template you’re using. The preview in the middle of the window shows what a course would look like if it were published with that color scheme. You can see how different color schemes look like by selecting one from the dropdown and taking a look at the preview. If you find one you like, after you select it you can click Close. Your player template will then use that color scheme next time you publish.
Another option, though, is to select Edit Color Scheme. This allows you to customize the color scheme you’ve selected. Read on to find out how to change the colors on your color scheme.
- If you opt to edit a color scheme, you’ll see a window like the one below.The player shown in the preview shows what a course would look like if it were published with the current colors. The options in the slide area are all the parts of the player you can modify. Start by clicking one of the radio buttons next to a player item you want to change.
- Next, use the color area in the middle of the screen to choose a new color for the item you selected. There are a couple ways to do this. You can just click a color on the palette itself, or if you know the color values of the color you want to use, you can enter those values in either the Red, Green, Blue fields, or the Hex field, or the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness fields. The new color appears below the color palette, with the original color right below that:
- Once you’ve found a color you like, click Apply This Color. You’ll notice the player on the window will change to reflect your new choice.
- You can continue changing the colors on as many other player items as you want. When you’re finished, click the OK button in the upper-right corner of the window. You’ll be prompted to save your changes. If you’ve modified a master color scheme (one of the color schemes that comes pre-loaded with Presenter), you’ll need to save the color scheme under a new name, since the master color schemes can’t be modified.
- Now click Close to return to your presentation. You’ll be prompted to save your changes to the player template. If you were using a standard template that comes with Presenter, you’ll need to save your modified template under a new name.
That's it! Your custom color scheme is now part of your player template. The new colors will appear the next time your preview or publish your course with that player template.