You can customize the properties for any slide in your story, including how the slide advances, what happens when users revisit it, and which player controls are visible.
To access slide properties, do either of the following:
- In Story View, select the slide(s) you wish to modify, and then use the Slide panel in the lower right corner to select your options.
- Or, in Normal View, click the small gear icon to the right of the base layer's name in the Slide Layers panel.
Tip: If you want to make the same property changes to multiple slides at one time, use Story View. Then use any of the following methods to select multiple slides:
- SHIFT+click to select a series of consecutive slides
- CTRL+click to select non-consecutive slides
- CTRL+A to select all slides in a particular scene (you have to click on a slide in that scene first)
- CTRL+A twice to select all slides in the entire project (you have to click on a slide first)
Then use the following options to change specific properties for the selected slide(s).
Choose whether slides will advance Automatically or By User. By default, slides will advance By User.
Storyline lets you decide how objects behave when learners revisit the same slide later. Choose from the following options:
Resume saved state
Use this option if you want the slide to always remember its previous state. In other words, this lets learners pick up where they left off if they return to the same slide later.
For example, if the learner was in the middle of a video when they navigated away from the slide, the video will resume where it left off when they return to the slide.
Reset to initial state
Use this option if you want the slide to always reset to its initial state when learners return to it. It'll restart from the beginning of its timeline, and interactive objects will return to their initial states.
This is the default option. Storyline will decide whether to resume the slide or reset it based on the objects it contains. Here's the logic:
This property only pertains to quiz slides, so it won't be visible for content slides. It allows you to specify which result slide will report the score for the selected quiz slide(s). If there are no result slides to choose from, you can add one.
Slide Navigation Controls
Use the check boxes to specify whether you want Prev, Next, and / or Submit buttons to appear on the selected slide(s). By default, content slides will have Prev and Next buttons, while quiz slides will have Submit buttons.
By default, each slide will include the features that you selected for the player. However, you can customize which player features appear on each slide by selecting “Custom for this slide” from the Player features drop-down list.
Then choose from the following features:
If you change your mind, you can revert back to the player defaults by clicking Reset. This also causes the Prev and Next buttons to be selected for content slides, and the Submit button to be applied to quiz slides.
Assigning Default Player Features
To change the default player features for your entire project:
- Click the Player button on the Home tab.
- When the Features editor opens, select the features that you want to apply to the whole project. To learn more about the various player features and how to rearrange them, click here.
- Click the OK button to save the changes to your player.