Customizing the Presentation Size
In the last lesson you learned to modify your player's color schemes. In this final lesson, I'll show you how to change the way the player displays in the learner's web browser. By default, your courses will scale—larger or smaller—to fit the learner's current browser size.
Here's an example of the default presentation size. Now, resize your browser window to see how your course will resize to always fill the browser window. We can make a simple change to our template to ensure the course is always displayed at its optimal size.
If you're following along, I'm working in Lesson Files > Chapter 06 > BrowserWindow.pptx.
Modify your DIYTC_v1 player template:
- Go to Articulate > Player Templates
- Select Other > Browser Window Settings
- Apply the following settings:
- Browser size: Resize browser to optimal size
- Presentation size: Lock presentation at optimal size
- Click Close and save your settings
- Publish and Preview your updated course
Why did we lock our presentation to the optimal size? It's just a way you can ensure the course displays as you intended. Displaying at optimal size also ensures your bitmap graphics and images display at their default sizes—meaning they won't appear distorted or pixelated to your learners.
In the next chapter, you'll begin working with Quizmaker to create a series of basic quizzes.