Maps are ideal for putting information into context, which makes them a great tool for learning. That’s why we’re showcasing these nine uber-creative examples of interactive maps. We think you’ll love how your fellow e-learning pros came up with all sorts of creative ways to share information with learners. Some of these interactive map designs go modern and minimalist while others use video and illustrations—even comic book style. No matter which approach speaks to you, you’re sure to find your next e-learning project pointed in the right direction with the ideas from these inspiring projects.
- See how Jonathan Hill makes great use of both audio and graphics to create a fun map-based game: See if you can find Carmen Articulato.
- Check out Jackie Van Nice’s prioritized activities demo for an example of how sorting location-based activities in order of priority can help sightseeing anywhere seem manageable.
- Give your learners a floor-by-floor tour of the office building with this floor plan map created by Ciara McCarthy.
- Kari Mueller’s map of the best restaurants in town is every foodie’s dream and a smart, fun, and effective way to use hotspots to present information to learners.
- See how using sliders can help quickly orient your learners with this compass slider example by Joanna Kurpiewska.
- In this interactive map created by Samuel Apata, beautiful graphics and smart animation come together to create a visually appealing way to engage learners.
- Check out this Golden Age of Comics map created by Kevin Thorn to see smart use of buttons, markers, and layers to create a really informative learning resource.
- Discover how you can bring unique locations to life so learners feel like they’re actually there with this sample Florida vacation video by Alexander Salas.
Inspired to create your very own interactive map? We thought you might be! Good news, you can add your map example to the Interactive Maps E-learning Challenge. And visit our E-Learning Examples Hub for new ideas and fun examples from pros around the world.