Woo-hoo! Summertime is in full swing, and whether it’s mountain climbing in the great northwest, lazy days by the beach, or an exciting adventure abroad, it can be hard to find the focus you need for creating amazing, effective e-learning this time of year. After all, who wants to dig into a needs analysis when digging your toes into some sand and surf sounds so much better ...
That’s where this latest round-up of instructional design–themed downloads and examples comes in. It’s our way of throwing you a little career life ring! Each project is full of visual design inspiration and ideas for engaging interaction, along with helpful advice and tips you’re shore to use!
- Click on this dialed-in Storyline 360 download to see if the spinner lands on an ID tip you can use. This handy project from Stephanie Harnett uses an interactive dial to deliver loads of pro tips that will inspire your thinking.
- Watch how Nicole Legault shows you that it never hurts to brush up on a few instructional design basics with this brilliant Storyline 360 example. Using a super-engaging scenario-based approach, Nicole will have you building better e-learning in no time!
- Love the ease of building in Rise 360? Check out this cool example from Mike Schwind, which artfully blends animated instructional videos with Rise 360 blocks to create an engaging and effective course chock-full of e-learning design pointers.
- Did you stumble into your role as an e-learning pro and miss out on a formal instructional design background? If so, you’re not alone. But don’t sweat it! Allison LaMotte has got your back. Her Rise 360 course provides a handy introduction to instructional design.
- Want to help someone else in your org improve their e-learning design skills? Point them to this Rise 360 course for instructors that lays the groundwork for building e-learning skills using a blend of video and interactive Storyline 360 blocks.
Want more helpful instructional design advice? Check out our free ebook E-Learning for Beginners to start with the basics, or chat with fellow e-learning pros in our Building Better Courses forum.
Want to give any of these ideas a try for yourself? Snag a free 60-day trial of Articulate 360 to check out all the cool new features in Storyline 360 and Rise 360—including the new Rise 360 scenario block.