Most e-learning pros find themselves building new hire onboarding training at one point or another. And what content is one of the staples of this type of training?
You guessed it: org charts, departmental structures, and team bios.
While that’s great information for newbies to have, the usual static “Who’s Who” page isn’t very interesting. So how can you jazz it up a little?
That’s the question the E-Learning Heroes community tackled recently, and the results are nothing short of beautiful. We think you’ll want to get acquainted with the inspiring ideas in this roundup of interactive “Meet the Team” downloads and examples. These projects really show what’s possible when you combine some Storyline 360 know-how with a little design creativity. Check ’em out, below!
- Love using Rise 360? (So do we!) Check out this cool interactive org chart from Elizabeth Pawliki. She used the labeled graphic block to transform a static org chart into an interactive exploration of a fictional organization.
- Get on a first-name basis with this creative example of an interactive “Meet the Team” project created in Storyline 360 by Amy Lamb. Clicking on each team member displays a personal welcome message.
- Need a little more space for lengthier bios? Take some inspiration from the design of this interactive org chart example by Mykhaylo Zakryzhevskyy. It gives each team member their own screen with plenty of space.
- A click-and-reveal interaction is a simple but effective way to introduce newbies to your team. And creating one takes no time at all thanks to this lovely PowerPoint freebie from Allison LaMotte. Just swap out character images and text to make this one your own in a jiffy.
- The best work environments feel like an extension of your family. If you want to make your new hires feel right at home, take note of this delightful “Meet the Family” example by Danielle Pashayan. Created in Storyline 360, this project uses cute people images enhanced with object states and animation to create a fun and inviting getting-to-know-ya.
- This beautiful “Meet the Team” Character Tabs download from Montse was created in Storyline 360. We think you’ll love the clean design punctuated with a punchy color scheme—and the creative use of modern illustrated characters from Content Library 360.
If you’re all about seeing more fresh ideas for reimagining your “Meet the Team” content, org charts, and more, then you won’t want to miss this weekly challenge: Meet the Team and Interactive Org Charts in E-Learning (2019) #244.
And if you’re on the hunt for design inspiration for other tricky types of content, drop by our E-Learning Examples and Downloads to see all the latest ideas from the community. Want to hear from fellow course creators about your design dilemma? Visit our Building Better Courses forum for some pro advice from the e-learning community.
Ready to give any of these e-learning ideas a try for yourself? Grab a free 60-day trial of Articulate 360 to check out all the cool new features in Storyline 360 and Rise 360.