For a quick and easy way to share your published Articulate projects, you might want to consider Google Drive. You probably already know about Google Drive’s file sharing capability, but did you know that Google recently added a web hosting feature? This new feature means that Google Drive can host your published Articulate projects.
Watch this screencast to see how easy it is.
STEP 1: How to upload your published Articulate project to Google Drive:
1. Log in to Google Drive.
2. Create a new folder.
3. Set this folder’s sharing settings to “Public on the web”
4. Upload the published output from your Articulate project.
5. Rename the appropriate launch file to index.html
- For a Storyline course, rename the story.html file.
- For a Presenter presentation, rename the player.html file.
- For a Quizmaker quiz, rename the quiz.html file.
- For an Engage interaction, rename the engage.html file.
STEP 2: How to find the link for sharing:
1. From within the folder containing your published content, copy the characters after drive.google.com/#folders/ from the address bar as shown below.
2. Then, to get the link you to use for sharing with others, paste those copied characters to the end of http://googledrive.com/host/
HELPFUL HINT: I have found that Google Chrome is the best web browser to use with Google Drive. Not all Google Drive features work by default in other browsers.
Follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any comments, please share them below.